Heavy on the ribs!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokingohiobutcher

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 21, 2009
The North Coast of Ohio
Had some bbbacks and western ribs to smoke today.
2 I used the rest of jeffs rib rub I had mixed up...the rest I just threw together a basic rub of interesting flavors.

here are the western ribs

Everybody in the smoker

2 hours are just about up almost time to foil!
Be back later with an update.
SOB

Looks like everything is going really good so far. I'll have to check back in later.

Looks like a great start what time are we eating
biggrin.gif

They do look good but I'm not familiar with a western cut rib, could you give more info please SOB?
Shoulder steaks maybe?

Can the finished product be e-mailed...or perhaps faxed to my residence??
icon_wink.gif

Yep ...Western ribs are sometimes called country style ribs. different parts of the country,different names. its just a 1-1/4 cut of pork shoulder steak that is cut along the bone.

Enough of the class work!

ON WITH THE Q!!!
Here Mrs SOB and I were saucing the bbbacks,ready to go back in.

I pulled the western ribs... they were too done for ribs.

I pulled them and made some BBQ Pulled Pork.Added some of the Spiked Cherry Bourbon Sauce that we put on some of the BBBacks.

Here is the ribs with my thrown together rib rub. It turned out too salty.Still edible though. Hoping the regular BBQ sauce will tame it down a bit.

These 2 had jeffs rib rub and then coated with the Spiked Cherry Bourbon Sauce.

They were fall off the bone...Mrs SOB likes them that way, I prefer a little tug. I was dissapointed at my bone head rub mix, but it will work out.
The Spiked Cherry Bourbon Sauce was mmmmmmmm Soooo Gooood!
L8er
SOB

Maybe he can scan them!!

Those look great. I feel your pain on the rub. I always seem to be heavy on the salt flavor. At least that is what my wife says. I'm working on a salt free rub.

Your ribs look great.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky