HAWG MEAT ON THE WEBER KETTLE AGAIN (ADDED MY OPINION OF THE McCORMICK RUB? SPICE?)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Hawging It

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 1, 2019
Southeast Mississippi
It's a beautiful November day in Southeast Mississippi. 71 degrees and a perfect day to use the Weber Kettle for some offset smoking and throw down some ribs. Going with a different style smoke for me. Not going to use different flavor layers this time. Just a little of my homemade BBQ sauce at the end. No wrap of course as I never do that anymore. No brown sugar, butter, Tiger sauce, Coca Cola, etc. Rubbed them down with McCormick Brown Sugar Bourbon seasoning, a small dusting of Tony's Creole Seasoning, Black Pepper and Cavender's Greek Seasoning. I will spray off and on with apple juice. Using a water tray and drip pan. Royal Oak Classic is the fuel and Cherry chunks for smoke. This round I'm going to try smoking really low heat and much longer smoking time. When I slide the tongs under the racks and they get that slight break, they will be done however long that takes. Sides will be the wife's homemade baked beans, seasoned fries or baked potatoes haven't decided which style of potatoes yet. Posted some pics and will add the money shots later when done and cut.

RUB DOWN.jpg

THE RUB DOWN
ON WITH CHERRY WOOD.jpg

ON WITH THE CHERRY CHUNKS

GOLD LID.jpg

ROLLING GOOD

APPLE JUICE SPRITZ TIME PLUS MORE FUEL AND CHERRY CHUNKS.jpg

APPLE JUICE SPRITZ TIME AND MORE FUEL AND CHERRY CHUNKS

CUT.jpg

TENDER AND JUICY

BITE.jpg

YEP,. JUST RIGHT.

PLATED.jpg

WORTH THE WAIT. RIBS, BEANS, SLAW AND FRIES. I'M FULL. TIME FOR BED!!!

Last edited:
Those are gonna be good Hawg! They’ve looked like money ever since you rubbed them down.

I’ll drink the beer and cheer you on.

• Haha
Reactions: Hawging It
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky