Have you seen the Throwdown Poll?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

princess

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jul 28, 2010
Lafayette, Indiana
I joined the SMF a few months ago and have had a great time learning, teaching and just generally rolling around the site. Tonight? For the 1st time, I voted in my first Throwdown. If you have not done so, maybe you should go and take a peek too.

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/forum/thread/99039/september-2010-td-voting-poll

From what I can understand about it, the Throwdown is a monthly challenge that ANYONE can enter (from rookie smoker to seasoned -ha-ha- professional) and have a chance at winning some pretty nifty prizes. I was too late to the game for September, but I am popping my freckled knuckles for October. I really want to step up my game and hopefully get some advice too.  There are rules and stuff, and the voting is all secret poll, but it's still really flippin' cool!!

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/wiki/official-smf-throwdown-rules

Voting for September is really neat because it's in memorial of an SMF member who passed away very recently, RonP.  I am sad I did not get to know him better. If you, like me, are kinda new to the forum and have not started looking at some of these fantastic posts... maybe you OUGHT to. I am suitably impressed. ;)

Cheers!

-Princess

*~*p.s. You got swagger? Bring it on in October... ;) *~*

These throwdowns have been around for a good long while.  I have never entered one myself, but try to vote in each one.  Maybe next month I'll join in too.  Thanks for the reminder.  BTW, I already voted in this months Yoshida's throwdown.

Yeah... it looks like the Throwdons just keep going BACK and back!!

I know I am new enough that they seemed kinda intimidating to me. But I'm kinda stubborn and determined... (save the Irish spitfire jokes, please!) And there is that part of me that LOVES a good competition. I'd love to try to compete against you, B-Man!! ;)

These throwdowns have been around for a good long while.  I have never entered one myself, but try to vote in each one.  Maybe next month I'll join in too.  Thanks for the reminder.  BTW, I already voted in this months Yoshida's throwdown.

Great post Princess! This is my second throwdown entry. It is alot of fun and especially since this month was more of a memorial for Ron than a competition. I look soooo forward to having another chicklet hanging with me in the TD's! Woohoo! Girlsmoke! Let's get our tag team on!

OMFG... I am asking Santa for a Team Girlsmoke t-shirt. WHOOOO!!!

::cheer::

Great post Princess! This is my second throwdown entry. It is alot of fun and especially since this month was more of a memorial for Ron than a competition. I look soooo forward to having another chicklet hanging with me in the TD's! Woohoo! Girlsmoke! Let's get our tag team on!

Princess, hang out and help Squirrel, did I just say that?
icon_eek.gif

Great Post Princess, We look forward to you and for all of our members entering the contests...

Great post. Last month was the first time I had entered and it was a blast. Just trying things and thinking outside the box was great. I would encourage everyone to enter.

Alright! Is this a challenge? Man vs... I'ts On!
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif

In tonight's episode, it's Meateater vs manbeater. when a normally docile Squirrel attacks a man with a CI skillet, film at eleven.

In tonight's episode, it's Meateater vs manbeater. when a normally docile Squirrel attacks a man with a CI skillet, film at eleven.
Played to the tune of "The Mississippi Squirrel Revival".  LOL

LMAO!!! You guys are crazy.

Nope, not a cast iron skillet:

c82a9d52_fightingsquirrel.jpg

And then after meateater has been issued his "manbeating" it's time for a cold one:

Last edited:
icon_cool.gif

You two girls better tag team that MAN for he's pretty darn big. But I betting on the girls. Specially that Squirrel one she's scrappy too. Talk about "Girls Gone Wild" I'm going out a get some beer for this one it's gonna be a A-- whooping a coming round here...........

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky