hate-love relationship with Inkbird

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fxsales1959

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Dec 17, 2019
PembrokePines, FL
I hate to take up space here, but l like to follow up on my whine session days ago regarding Inkbirdbbq Inkbirdbbq
I sent a request to them via their website. ( 9 days later I was told by Nsakna I need to buy a new usb cable ,even though the usb plug on the unit had heated to the point of melting.
So.... after doing a cook on the WSM Sunday using an old drawer bluetooth Thermoworks thermometer I folded.
(Did i mention I think Bluetooth is BS)
Amazon had a new IBBQ-4t "on sale" at amazon for $58. I just said F it and ordered. if i get 2 years out of it, it's worth it.
plus I got 4 new probes and a couple of grate clips.
Wifi- hookup was relatively painless, but since I'm a broadcast engineer by trade it was easy to manipulate to 2.4Ghz band on my wifi router.

Now I can again go to the corner pub or grocery store and still monitor my grate temps and call mama if things go sideways.
Would I recommend this thermometer to others? Only if they don't have my contact information when they go to pair it with their phone/tablet/network.
I love the graphs and other things about it.
That's all
update covered
john

I've been a Thermoworks fan for a long time.
Even for overnight cooks I have it as I don't have the confidence yet in the Fireboard controller/app.
Never even knew about Inkbird until I started digging into sausage maker about a year and a half ago.
I have their Temp and Humidity controllers for that. Have had no issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: JLeonard
As you know I can't trust mine to alarm. I love it other than that. Wish I could get it figured out. Works if reinstall but soon after quits again. Even shut off my anti-virus

I have the same one you just got....Had it for over 3 yrs. So far its been good. Every so often I'll calibrate the probes. usually pretty close even before the calibration. I basically gave up on the BT part of it. WiFi does me good.

Jim

I like the old school therms with a sender & a receiver. I put the receiver on my nightstand & go to sleep. If I have to leave my phone on to get a signal, then I get a bunch of spam calls that wake me up. My go to is a Thermoworks Smoke, I have had it for many years & it still works like new. I’m sure there are many newer therms that do more than this one, but this works for me!
Al

I have had decent luck with all of the inkbird stuff I have. If I do have any questions I PM them on this site.

Reactions: JLeonard
I bought a couple of Inkbirds over the last few years. Reason being they are cheaper then most and do a fine job in my opinion. I used to use nothing but Auber pids but I have found they are no better then my Inkbirds and are 3 times as expensive and shipping is unreal. Inkbird I can order from Amazon with free shipping and have it at my door two days later. If anything goes wrong with it Amazon replaces or refunds with no questions asked.
Auber is a dickhead with refunds and tries to make you feel like you did something wrong.

Reactions: fxsales1959
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky