Hasselback Au Gratin Potatoes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I missed this earlier. This looks great. I have been getting bored with the usual Taters and this would be a nice change. Thanks...JJ
Thanks JJ, we needed a new dish too and these are pretty good, thinking y'all will enjoy them too.
xray xray / Joe just made a batch and he thinks they're a keeper.
Dang that looks good, thanks for posting your recipe John!
My pleasure, thank you.

Thanks JJ, we needed a new dish too and these are pretty good, thinking y'all will enjoy them too.
xray xray / Joe just made a batch and he thinks they're a keeper.My pleasure, thank you.

chef jimmyj chef jimmyj I made them last night with tuna patties and posted here on SMF. I just tried to follow Chile the best I could. He's a hard man to emulate. "Often imitated but never duplicated."

I think they came out really well. The cheeses used here really make the dish stand out. The tops of the potatoes, if above the sauce, really lend a nice crispiness to the dish without having to add a crumb topping found in most au gratin recipes.

I placed my plate on a cookie sheet when baking. Good thing I did, because these will bubble up and over. Better to clean the sheet than the oven.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky