Pizza Casserole - who knew

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 15, 2012
Well I was on Facebook yesterday afternoon and happened upon this dish. So I gave it a quick looksie and thought to myself. Hmm that looks interesting. So why not give it a whirl. I wasn't sure how it would turn out so not many pictures, but boy oh boy it did taste pretty darn good.

Ingredients: The nice thing about this dish is that you can alter it anyway you want.

1-16oz box of pasta. I used small shells.
4 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese.
1/2 wedge of pegarono cheese
1/2 wedge of Romano cheese
24oz of your favorite pizza sauce(homemade or store bought)
1/2lb of sliced ham. Cut into bite sized pieces.
1lb of sauage browned
1/2lb of crispier bacon broken up
8oz package of sliced pepperoni
3 tbsp of butter

Cook the noodles to al dente. Drain and stir in the butter. Cook the bacon and sausage. Put the noodles back into the pot. Add 1/2 the sauce, all the meat except for about 24 slices of the pepperoni. Mix well. Reserve enough of the mozzarella to cover the top of the casserole. Then add and stir in the rest of the cheese. Finally add the rest of the sauce minus a cup, and mix well. Spread mixture out into a casserole dish and thinly cover with the remaining sauce and cheese. Top with the reserved pepperoni. Bake covered at 350* for about an hour. Let it sit for 10min and eat.

DSC05282.JPG

DSC05286.JPG

Like I mentioned above. This meal can be altered to your liking. It makes a great game day meal. Go Dawgs

Thanks for looking

Chris

Here is something I did awhile back. Kinda similar.

Reactions: gmc2003
Nice! I created a "pizza pasta casserole" a couple years ago and its outstanding.

Mine is a crossover. A casserole like lasagna with pizza toppings we like; Italian sausage, pepperoni, onions, mushrooms, black olives, pickled jalapenos and marinara sauce. People have been doing pizza casseroles for a long time, but I had no idea when I created my recipe!

I like to microwave the pepperoni carefully on some paper towels a bit before adding so it doesn't leach out quite as much liquid fat in to the casserole. I messed up last time and just mixed everything together instead of topping the casserole all pretty-like with the pepperoni and jalapenos but it was still delicious.

I made a pizza pasta casserole, a beef stroganoff casserole and a ham mac-N-cheese casserole before the spring became summer heat this year; cut them up in to portions, froze them individually on a sheet pan and vac sealed them and we enjoyed "easy button" meals all summer! Just finished the last of the stroganoff last night and now I'm ready for casserole and stew season again! I smell gumbo coming...

Reactions: gmc2003
Looks tasty Chris, nice work! ……a spicy red Mac and cheese!
Thanks Civil, it has a little more pop then our regular goulash/casserole
Yep, that would go great on the SmokeFire. Thanks for the recipe Chris.
Appreciate Colin and your welcome. Mix it up and bit and tailor it to your tastes. The only changes I made this time around was the meat, and I left out the shrooms. The next time I make it I have a few more ideas to implement. First being the addition of smoke.

Chris

Unconventional but it looks like it would taste very good.

Nice job ECC from WCC.
Thanks West Coast Chris, yeah this was the first time I've seen or heard of it. I'm glad I gave it a whirl.
Just now seeing this Chris....looks good.
So here's a thought....how about pizza dough crust on top? Kinda like a casserole/pot pie pizza....
Great idea Keith, I was sort of thinking along the same lines. Maybe turn it into a Stromboli like this one:

1700405287916.png

Although the noodles and breading might be to much.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky