Has Anyone Tried This??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Rafter H BBQ

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 18, 2013
S.E. Idaho
Hey all, just had a question for the forum SV’ers! I tried to search the SV part of the forum before asking... but either I didn’t put the right words into the search or possibly missed it if there was a thread with the info!

So my question is, going to do some snack sticks here the next couple weekends! I’ll hang like normal in the MES 30 to start! I was thinking after somewhere in the four to five hour mark pulling them, vac seal and finish in the SV!

Anyone done this or see any reason this approach would or would not work!

Thanks for any input and feedback!

Check this out Justin

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
Check this out Justin

Great info Case, thanks for the link!

Ive done smoked ring sausage this way in natural casings. I dont vac pack them just straight into the water bath. I just smoke until I get the color I like. Not sure about collagen casing if thats what your planing on using.

Almost always I use SV method to finish my sausages: Polska kielbasa, Krakovska, Bologna, Beef sausage, etc.... Water temp set to 153F and couple of probes into sausage while pouching.... Kabanosy always finished in the smoker just because of sausage's small diameter. Never tried snack sticks though. I think SV should work for sticks without any problem...

Justin, I see no problem with it. I'm assuming your cutting bags to fit the snack stick size or cutting the sticks to fit the SV container? SV is my go to method for VSS and I love the results.

Ive done smoked ring sausage this way in natural casings. I dont vac pack them just straight into the water bath. I just smoke until I get the color I like. Not sure about collagen casing if thats what your planing on using.

Thanks for dropping a line and the input! Was debating either collagen or sheep casings!

Almost always I use SV method to finish my sausages: Polska kielbasa, Krakovska, Bologna, Beef sausage, etc.... Water temp set to 153F and couple of probes into sausage while pouching.... Kabanosy always finished in the smoker just because of sausage's small diameter. Never tried snack sticks though. I think SV should work for sticks without any problem...

Thank you for dropping a line and the input!

Justin, I see no problem with it. I'm assuming your cutting bags to fit the snack stick size or cutting the sticks to fit the SV container? SV is my go to method for VSS and I love the results.

Sorry for the very late response CM, somehow I missed your reply! Yes, likely cutting the sticks to fit in the bags. Great to hear on the VSS! Thanks for the input, appreciate it!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky