• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Happy Thanksgiving! Turkey on the kettle

gnarbrah

Meat Mopper
Joined May 17, 2014
Happy bird day to all from Florida! Here's the run down: 15 lb bird, brined overnight, olive oil on the skin, butter pats under the skin, basic seasoning, stuffed with pear, onion, carrots, celery, oranges and lemons. On the kettle with Stubbs natural briqs and pecan chunks. We'll see how she turns out!

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Looks like a great start!

Gotta love those kettles!

Al

mneeley490

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 23, 2011
Yep, like Al says, kettles are great! I'd prefer to be doing mine on my backyard kettle today too, but it's pouring down rain here. So I have a MES30 going, that backs out of the garage instead.

muny5517

Joined Nov 24, 2016
Hi all, I am new here. I need help. I put my first bird in the smoker at 275. Went to check in 2 hours later to add more wood and saw that the breaker popped or something and my smoker was off and cold. My bird's temp was 71. I switched plugs and turned it back on. Is it still safe to cook or could it be contaminated? Thanks!

gnarbrah

Meat Mopper
Joined May 17, 2014
It's kind of sad that I've been ignoring my mini wsm but the kettle is just the ultimate BBQ tool! Ribs, chicken, steaks, fish, turkey, veggies... it just works and it's so easy! Wish it was a touch cooler here though. I'd almost welcome some rain. That's the rough thing about FL, hard to get in the holiday spirit when it's 85!

SmokinAl

Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
It's kind of sad that I've been ignoring my mini wsm but the kettle is just the ultimate BBQ tool! Ribs, chicken, steaks, fish, turkey, veggies... it just works and it's so easy! Wish it was a touch cooler here though. I'd almost welcome some rain. That's the rough thing about FL, hard to get in the holiday spirit when it's 85!
I feel your pain, I'm about 1 hour south of you & It's not much fun tending to a fire & sweating bullets!

Al

gnarbrah

Meat Mopper
Joined May 17, 2014
I saw snow once - it was cold! Good news is I have plenty of cool beers to keep me from overheating!

donegotfat

Meat Mopper
Joined Oct 16, 2016
Seeing all these turkey threads, Ill never make it too dinner time. I am ready to munch now.

Great looking turkey!

SmokinAl

Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
That's going to be one good tasting turkey!

Al

bdskelly

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 3, 2013
That bird looks delicious ! point! b

disco

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 31, 2012
Looks like your thanksgiving was tasty!

Disco

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.