Happy Thanksgiving! Turkey on the kettle

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Yep, like Al says, kettles are great! I'd prefer to be doing mine on my backyard kettle today too, but it's pouring down rain here. So I have a MES30 going, that backs out of the garage instead.

Hi all, I am new here. I need help. I put my first bird in the smoker at 275. Went to check in 2 hours later to add more wood and saw that the breaker popped or something and my smoker was off and cold. My bird's temp was 71. I switched plugs and turned it back on. Is it still safe to cook or could it be contaminated? Thanks!

It's kind of sad that I've been ignoring my mini wsm but the kettle is just the ultimate BBQ tool! Ribs, chicken, steaks, fish, turkey, veggies... it just works and it's so easy! Wish it was a touch cooler here though. I'd almost welcome some rain. That's the rough thing about FL, hard to get in the holiday spirit when it's 85!

It's kind of sad that I've been ignoring my mini wsm but the kettle is just the ultimate BBQ tool! Ribs, chicken, steaks, fish, turkey, veggies... it just works and it's so easy! Wish it was a touch cooler here though. I'd almost welcome some rain. That's the rough thing about FL, hard to get in the holiday spirit when it's 85!
I feel your pain, I'm about 1 hour south of you & It's not much fun tending to a fire & sweating bullets!

Al

I saw snow once - it was cold! Good news is I have plenty of cool beers to keep me from overheating!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky