Happy New Year -Smokin' Style (with Q view)

Discussion in 'ABT's' started by flyweed, Jan 1, 2012.

1. flyweed

flyweed Smoking Fanatic

Well had a little "shindig" here at the house last night, so thought I'd post a few photos.  Did some ABT's and bacon wrapped water chestnuts on the smokers. Abt's went into the MES and the salmon and Chestnuts went onto the Kamado......  So here's a few photos of the the "pre party" prep and the final spread.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

below is my local beer of choice...locally brewed LaCrosse Lager!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ready to go into the smoker

[​IMG]

heres the bacon wrapped water chestnuts ready to go on

[​IMG]

Final spread

[​IMG]

above is a taco style chip dip, ABT's, bacon wrapped water chestnuts, little smokeys in home made bbq sauce, shrimp with shrimp sauce, and way over to the right is some freshly smoked salmon on butter crackers.  YUM!!

2. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Looks like a great spread! The bacon wrapped water chestnuts sound very interesting!

3. sprky

sprky Master of the Pit OTBS Member

[​IMG]  nice job

4. flyweed

flyweed Smoking Fanatic

Al..the bacon wrapped water chestnuts...are super easy and very delicious finger food.  I wrap whole water chestnuts in a good quality bacon, and then put them in the Kamado at 300F for about 25 minutes...then I take them out..I make a sauce/glaze from 1 cup brown sugar, 1 cup ketchup, 2 teaspoons worchestshire sauce, 2 teaspoons Mayo, and a teaspoon of hot sauce...stir it all together good, then pour it over the bacon wrapped chestnuts, then pop them back onto the Kamado for another 20 minutes or until the sauce is bubbling and beginning to carmelize.

Thats it

5. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

They really look good fly, thanks for the recipe!