Happy Accident

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gonavy

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 1, 2015
For mother day decided to make some baby backs and bacon wrapped chicken bites. Never done the chicken thing, so this was new, followed Jeff's recipe boneless thighs wrapped in bacon. However..don't ask me why, but I changed up his recipe a little, instead of using his rub, was already using it on the ribs, I used some old spicy apple rub I had, and I made it the night before, overnight marinade. Those were two very big mistakes...kinda of...the ribs came out great as always, but man the chicken bites were way spicy, like make your nose run after two bites, spicy..lol...still pretty good. The thighs were a PIA to cut up into bite size and the rub marinating overnight, was little much, probably use the Jeff's rub next time, and use breast meat, easier to cube up...mom was still happy, but what happen next was very un-expected..we were wondering what to do with all those super spicy chicken bites and thought why not cut them up and add them to fried rice with some cut up eggs...omg...this was a perfect combo, the spicy bites spread out over lots of rice made these PERFECT...mom was much more happy the day after mothers day, the fried rice was a big hit. Just thought I would pass along a happy accident and a way to really kick up fried rice. I believe I'll be making more of these just for the fried rice

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky