Happily unemployed :)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

starsfaninco

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 2, 2006
Denver
Well I finally got my wish. I took a lay off package from the hell hole that was my job on Tuesday a week ago. I really don't know how you retired people do it. I've been busier than a one armed paper hanger doing all the stuff I never had time to do when I was working. I've got 7 months of severance and luckily, I've already got people calling me about job prospects. I'll probably take about a month off before I get the desire to really get serious in the job hunt. That should give me just about enough time to get mostly caught up. I'm already planning a couple of smokes for next week and will try to finally contribute to some q-view again. I've been lurking here but been too busy to really contribute (please forgive me). As I've told just about every new person I've greeted here, there are some really good people on this site (even the Red Wing fans...) and there is tons of information to help you perfect your smoking skills. Anyway, I just wanted to post this to my 'other' family and let the regulars know I'm still kicking and how much I appreciate Jeff and this site. With any luck I'll become a productive member again soon.

OH, and Happy St. Patrick's day to all you Irish folks.

Congrats on getting laid off! Man that felt weird!
biggrin.gif

7 months severance with prospects looming--sounds like a recession beater to me! Congrats on the paid free time! Did you work for AIG? They're the only co. that can afford that :oD

Hey big hug to you for being a man! Screw the old hellish job and take the plunge....take a risk, you know you will be better off in the long run. My hat is off to you and congratulations. I wish you the best!

Well, gotta say congrats...deadend jobs bite...had one for 8-1/2 years and quit as soon as I found a way out. That was 8-1/2 years ago. Being happy with your jobs is important.

Hope you still have planty of job offers when you're ready to give it a shot again...then you can pick what sounds right for you.

Good luck and enjoy your spare time!

Q-view can wait, but, it's nice to have more, too! LOL!!!

Eric

Congrats I think?? Sounds like your keeping busy, My dad retired back in 94 and has worked harder ever since...but he does what he want now.

Great to know you have a positive attitude. Also glad to know that you're enjoying the SMF.

No, I worked for a telecom that seems to want to ship all of the IT work off shore.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. I'm pretty optimistic about job opportunities, but honestly who knows. If I'm not working inside of two months I'll be pretty worried, not to mention very tired of doing honey do's ;) I just volunteered to smoke some ribs on a friends smoker/grill on Thursday. We'll see how that goes :)

Congrats and hope it works out well for you

congrats to you... my son got laid off last friday and the only thing he got was get your tool out of here by wednesday... here's wishing you the best in the future...

i been retired for 10 years now and i don't have enough time in the day to do all the thing i need or want to get done... but i do have time for smoking... lol...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky