Haluska

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
SmokyMose SmokyMose Didn't intend to Hijack your Haluski Thread, but there is just so many great ways to prepare Cabbage in the Middle Europe/Old Slavic Empire repertoire. Look up the Polish National Dish, Bigos, sometime. It continues along this line but Fancier...JJ

Reactions: HalfSmoked and xray
This made me buy a head of cabbage today , and I have some hocks I cured and smoked last winter . Gonna have to re read some of this .

Caraway addition sounds killer to me
I gotta have the caraway . The brats I just made got a heavy pinch . So good .

Reactions: zwiller
Didn't intend to Hijack your Haluski Thread, but there is just so many great ways to prepare Cabbage in the Middle Europe/Old Slavic Empire repertoire. Look up the Polish National Dish, Bigos, sometime. It continues along this line but Fancier...JJ
No worries, JJ!
I actually like seeing one of my threads take off and meander a bit :emoji_sunglasses:

SmokyMose SmokyMose Didn't intend to Hijack your Haluski Thread, but there is just so many great ways to prepare Cabbage in the Middle Europe/Old Slavic Empire repertoire. Look up the Polish National Dish, Bigos, sometime. It continues along this line but Fancier...JJ
SmokyMose SmokyMose Same here SORRY FOR OT but when I see guys throwing down good info I gotta get more.

This made me buy a head of cabbage today , and I have some hocks I cured and smoked last winter . Gonna have to re read some of this . I gotta have the caraway . The brats I just made got a heavy pinch . So good .
Oh yeah. Getting some myself for Sunday. 30F nights here already...

Reactions: SmokyMose
Thanks for the pictures and the recipe. It ALL Looks great! I'll eat cabbage in any form, especially with nuddle or potato! Mrs. Wurtz made some during the summer and it was outstanding. The last batch she made a couple of weeks ago, I added a cup of leftover Rotkohl (Red Cabbage) (with apple) I had in the fridge. Added a nice mild sweetness and color to the basic Haluski. Like you, there are always leftovers with two of us.🍻
John

OOPS - Almost forgot, if you are looking for a reliable and competitive source for imported foods, check out at the Yummy Bazaar in New Jersey. We've been using them for over a year or so before COVID. Just be aware, you will have enough bubble wrap from their packing to start your own packing business. We keep our local Wal-Mart recycle bin FILLED with the stuff?! LOL! 🍻🍻

Reactions: SmokyMose
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky