Halfords Mixes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Scraplady

Original poster
Mar 18, 2018
Hi there!

I am fairly new to fb jerky making. I am using Halford seasonings. I have searched and tried to figure out how much 500g of seasoning for 24 pounds translates to how much seasoning I would use for 1 pound of gb?

Also how much cure would I use for 1 pound of gb?

Thanks for any help

Hi there!

I am fairly new to fb jerky making. I am using Halford seasonings. I have searched and tried to figure out how much 500g of seasoning for 24 pounds translates to how much seasoning I would use for 1 pound of gb?

Also how much cure would I use for 1 pound of gb?

Thanks for any help
Could you just divide 500 by 24 to get the g per pound?

Could you just divide 500 by 24 to get the g per pound?

Well that is what I thought but then I was thinking I would have to convert the pounds to grams and when I called the company I got a different formula! Thanks so much for the reply!

Just a caution

MANY Halford seasoning mixes on their site ALREADY contain the cure.... so adding MORE is not recommended.

Perhaps you could link to the exact product you are referring to, so we can check it out to be sure

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky