HAIL STORM GOT ME

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 22, 2009
Central Florida (Sebring)
We had a hail storm a couple of days ago that did about $30,000 damage to our house. The hail was the size of your fist. It got my shingle roof & all the aluminum around the house has large dents in it. My canopy in the back was shredded, grill covers with holes in them. Our bedroom window was broken by one that was the size of a baseball. It landed on the floor right next to the bed. A couple of good things tho, the house doesn’t leak, the insurance will cover all the damage, and most important of all THE MUSTANG WAS NOT HURT AT ALL!! :emoji_sunglasses:
Here is a couple of photos, they are not real clear cause I took them off Judy’s phone & it’s a video of the house being destroyed, so we would have good documentation for the Insurance Co.
Here is our bedroom window.
FB18BA1F-EE6F-4B88-BA38-50B145996583.jpeg

Here is our canopy in the back.
34EEDFC1-8805-4D49-9948-34CC2763A3A9.jpeg

HOLY CRAP! that sounds terrifying! glad you and the misses and the mustang are all ok!

Wow! It's shocking the damage that happens. I've seen this multiple times out in West Texas. Glad you and Judy are ok

Wow! Crazy stuff, glad you’re OK. The canopy looks like it went through a meteor shower in a disaster movie...

Glad to hear no one was hurt. And hearing all the damage is covered must have made you feel better.

Unreal! As a kid a storm like that pulverized our house and crops. My brother got caught out in it and survived because he grabbed some plywood from our burn pile. We watched helplessly as he balanced it and held onto it so it wouldn’t blow off him. It was frightening to watch. Trees were striped bare and the crops were a complete loss. You could see the path of destruction as it hit several farms. Our cars were toast. Our dogs and our geese, sworn arch-enemies, all huddled together in the large doghouse in some kind of truce. Haha!

Glad you’re safe.

Damn Al

Glad you both are ok. Houses can be rebuilt, cars replaced.

Damn! I didn't know Florida got that kind of hail! Baseball size!!
Once in a while we get golf-ball sized stuff (The Outback is forever dented), but not often.
Just when we humans start thinking we're above it all Mother Nature tells us otherwise....
Glad you and Judy are ok and I hope the repairs go quickly.

Glad you're all ok, and even better the stang is still in one piece. I saw pictures and videos of that hail on the news this morning. I know that was pretty scary watchin and being in that storm

Dang Al! Glad you and Judy are safe. baseball size hail is no joke! My friends in Kansas send me pics. almost every year of hail that size. Stuff is hell on wildlife! Stay safe....everything damaged can be replaced.

Man , That's a bad one . We see our share of hail here . Supposed to be coming tonight .

SmokinAl SmokinAl when they check your roof they need to look for nail pullout from the impact of hail that large . When the plywood rebounds it can cause the nails to fail .

Glad you guys came through it safe .

WOW that some big hail!! Glad no ones hurt snd things are covered. Still a pain to deal with though.

Wow very sorry to hear Al but glad you and Judy are safe. It has been a terrible year for storms all around the country. It's almost a bit surprising we don't hear of more from our forum members, as we are scattered around all over. More storms coming Eastward, stay safe everyone !

Holy Shoot Al !!
Glad you & Judy are OK !!
Don't need any dents in your head!
Good you got Insurance!!
Baseball size!! I think the biggest we ever got was about the size of a Quarter.
Hang Tight, Buddy!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky