Habanero Chili Lime Fermented hot sauce

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
I am getting towards the tail end of all my active ferments so time to get more started. This is a blend of a 3.5% brine 4 week and 7 week orange habanero ferment. Final PH on the ferments was 3.2 and 2.9. Finished with the brine, lime juice, a touch of Splenda and a generous hit of cumin. Upfront tart / sweet with a quick finish of cumin and fair amount of heat. This one will be popular I think. Will be money on beef and chicken fajitas as well as many other things.
AA952A58-421B-4635-9959-4BE0CEF86C2A.jpeg

Last edited:
I bet that's great . I'm still impaired . Can't even look at the pictures . Lol .
You gotta just block the reaper issue out of mind lol. I’m getting ready to start a batch that is partially dried ghost and undecided on what I’ll blend with.

If you haven't tried pineapple ( and like the flavor ) think about it .

I'm trying . I'm having flash backs to the 8th grade . Vodka and orange juice .
I make mine as close to sugar free as I can but do plan on doing a pineapple flavor at some point. I’ll use Ocean Soray diet cran pineapple and / or Oooflavors extract.

Reactions: chopsaw
Wow Jeff, I am envious...to a degree at least :emoji_wink: I'm absolutely loving the three hot sauces I got from you in our Christmas exchange. They are all fantastic and all different, which is fun. You have enough different ones made that you should start putting together packages with all the different ones and selling them :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Reactions: jcam222
Wow Jeff, I am envious...to a degree at least :emoji_wink: I'm absolutely loving the three hot sauces I got from you in our Christmas exchange. They are all fantastic and all different, which is fun. You have enough different ones made that you should start putting together packages with all the different ones and selling them :emoji_laughing:

Robert
Thanks Robert! Glad you are enjoying them. I have a pack like that going out to PA this week :). Experimenting with shipping

Some great looking sauce Jeff and the labeling is always cool! I really got to get some more going with the dried chiles I got in an Xmas exchange.

Reactions: jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky