• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Guess my probes are headed to the garbage

cromag

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Mar 3, 2010
I put a 10 lb brisket and 10 lb picnic on at 3:30 last night and now at 8:30 I inserted my probes and they read 259 degrees on the brisket and 313 on the picnic.. WTH!!!! 5 hours in and the meat is hotter than the cook temp??? Guess I need to make an emergency trip to Lowes and get some cheepo metal thermos and just leave them stuck in the meat.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
That's what sucks about those probes, you know their going to fail at the worst time!

rbranstner

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 18, 2007
That sucks. That is why I have about 6 or 7 different units so I always have a back up.

cromag

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Mar 3, 2010
Lowes only had a handheld instant temp with a extra small probe end so I'll have to hit the same hole every time I check.. What a pain in the butt

Last edited:

gotarace

Limited Mod
Joined Jan 27, 2011
You can get them for the same price at A-Maze-N-Smoker with free shipping for the entire month of march...Todd is a great guy with excellent customer service, He is a member here and contributes a load of information to this site.

gotarace

Limited Mod
Joined Jan 27, 2011
http://www.amazenproducts.com/  here is the link...while your there check out Todd's treasure the amazen smoker generator ...your entire order ships free when you order the maverick et-732

Hey Todd when is the Amazen going on the special of the month?...i'm ready to order a complete 6x8 with the lighter and dust.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.