Guess my probes are headed to the garbage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cromag

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Mar 3, 2010
Sevierville Tennessee
I put a 10 lb brisket and 10 lb picnic on at 3:30 last night and now at 8:30 I inserted my probes and they read 259 degrees on the brisket and 313 on the picnic.. WTH!!!! 5 hours in and the meat is hotter than the cook temp??? Guess I need to make an emergency trip to Lowes and get some cheepo metal thermos and just leave them stuck in the meat.

Lowes only had a handheld instant temp with a extra small probe end so I'll have to hit the same hole every time I check.. What a pain in the butt

Last edited:
I am with Ross, I have 2 Mavericks and 3 instant probes

You can get them for the same price at A-Maze-N-Smoker with free shipping for the entire month of march...Todd is a great guy with excellent customer service, He is a member here and contributes a load of information to this site.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky