Ground Beef Jerky

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
I decided to put ground beef jerky and summer sausage on top of my to do list. So far new ventures of bacon and ham have gone well thanks to everyone's help! I have some old Hi Mountain seasonings that probably needs to go into the trash. I looked through jerky forum but seeing much on ground beef. Want to use MES but have a Nesco. Should I just go to Academy and pick up seasoning pack to start? Looks like set smoker about 160. Not sure how long? Have LEM gun coming Sat.

Good Thai recipe on here, I think it was Dirtsailor2003.
I like the High Country over High Mountain seasoning for store bought.

I have made a lot of ground beef jerky. If you dry it right most people can't tell it's ground beef! I always use my MES with a jerky canon from Cabelas. If your just starting out you can get some decent jerky kits from Cabelas that work with ground meat.

I like the NESCO jerky seasoning...

NESCO Beef Jerky 93-7 003.JPG

Mixed it up with the GB... rolled it out like pie crust
and into the smoker on matz.
NESCO Beef Jerky 93-7 012.JPG

Cut it into handy chunks..
002.JPG

Reactions: Steve H and chopsaw
Thanks. Hardest part going to know when its done. I just doing a pound for first one until I figure it out. Need go get some casing for summer sausage and will see what brands they have. Looking forward to trying that!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky