Grizzley Grinder and stuffing tube

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bones1948

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 10, 2010
Winter Springs, Florida
The 5lb grinder that I bought came with 3 stuffing tubes th smallest of which is 1/2  inch.  I wanted to make breakfast links and a 3/8 inch tube was recommended.  I just got through reading where someone said that maybe the 1/2 inch tube was the smallest recommended because anything smaller would put undo pressure on the gears in the stuffer possibly causing it to fail.  Is there any truth to this?

Bones

Make sure your meat is wet enough and go slowly. I use the 3/8" LEM tube on my Gander MTN stuffer and it works fine if you keep the meat wet and go slowly. If you feel too much resistance pull the meat out and add more water.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky