1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Gripsticks!

Discussion in 'Slicers, Grinders, Tools, Equipment' started by browneyesvictim, May 10, 2018.

1. browneyesvictim

browneyesvictim Master of the Pit ★ Lifetime Premier ★

I am sure most households use a lot of disposable zippered bags after a food package item has been opened. Anything from a bag of lettuce, to a package of cheese, this is a common household need to keep things fresh in your cupboard or refrigerator. Even if you use a vacuum sealer, there is limited use of re-sealing the bag every time, unless you buy the zippered vacuum bags which are not exactly cost effective.

Behold the Gripstic!
    A gripstick is a re-usable plastic sealing rod for re-sealing most any plastic bag. It's nothing like a chip-clip or similar. You fold your bag over and slide the dowel in the slot under the fold and the c-channel shape over the top of your bag and bam! Your bag is sealed. Works with about any bag, and is faster and less frustrating than using a zippered bag. I vac-seal a lot. And once I have cut the seal off to open a package, it stays in the package and not placed in another ziplock bag for re-use. A gripstick goes on for storage and re-use.

You can find the name-brand Amazon, and there are other cheaper off-brands as well. But let me tell you something... For such a simple item, this is one gadget that has won me over for both simplicity and cost savings that works I felt deserved sharing with my BBQ brethren! If you aren't familiar with them, let this serve as your call to attention. Check 'em out.

shoebe and bdskelly like this.
  2. SmokinAl

SmokinAl Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Sounds interesting, thanks for the heads up!
    Al