Grilled Turkey Tenderloins

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

xray

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Mar 11, 2015
Northeast PA
So I picked up a pack of turkey tenderloins last week at my local grocery store. They were $5 for a 2lb cryovac.

I never done these before but they just looked good so I bought them. I planned on freezing them for future use but with all the turkey posts coming out, it put me in the mood to eat them.

I planned on smoking them but I got lazy and grilled them instead.

Marinated in Tony C’s creole butter for 8 hours. I had the injector ready but they looked thin so I didn’t bother and just dumped the tenderloins and creole butter in a freezer bag.

Here they are after pulling from the marinade. I used a mix of cajun rub, black pepper and ancho chili powder:
93E41D5C-FD4D-4850-B962-74D6325A2DF5.jpeg

I wanted to keep them moist on the grill so I melted some truffle butter with fresh thyme:
3A3DA988-F1F6-4279-AF37-C720DF0EB338.jpeg

5A971882-1C1A-4516-8EF0-95774F38AF68.jpeg

The tenderloins were basted on the grill and I pulled them off once my IT was 160 in the thickest part. The carryover heat took them to 165F. These took about 20 minutes. I cooked them over direct heat for the grill marks and then moved them over to the cool side until they finished.

Ready to come off:
AC46F4C7-CEE2-43DE-A44E-0BC1DBB407A2.jpeg

The turkey tenderloins were then covered in foil and rested for 5 minutes. Sliced and served with roasted broccoli and wild rice.
0DAA0923-C0D4-4532-A55E-865A9B4C0782.jpeg

Just the turkey:
F93EA6FB-6D6D-4E66-AEB4-D03E96B47960.jpeg

I have to say, these were pretty good. Not a bad piece of dinner for $5. There’s even leftovers for my lunch tomorrow. The wife loved it too.

I figured we could make these again, especially when we crave a thanksgiving meal. Grilled turkey with gravy, roasted potatoes and beans?...Yes Please!!

Thanks for looking,

Joe

Joe That is a fantastic looking meal,perfectly executed start to finish Drool Points
Richie

Delicious looking meal Joe.:emoji_thumbsup:
Was the turkey from Wegmans too?
I wish I had a Wegmans close...:emoji_disappointed:

Thanks moto. This was from Weis Markets. It had their label on it, I believe it was organic too. I should of took a picture of that.

Wegmans is still good. I still consider them a specialty store but they have been pushing their own brand now for a couple of years. Some prices are good and some are outrageous depending on what you buy.

Thanks for the like!

Man looks great!! I am going to have to do more turkey breast soon.

Thanks jcam, always wonder why I we don’t eat turkey more often. These tenderloins cook up pretty quick.

Thanks for the like!

Looks tasty xray! Like!

Thanks Eddie, thanks for the like!

Xray , nice looking meal . Good work on the grill marks .

I need a cold shower ,,,

Thanks chop, I think it sounds pretty good. So when we were eating dinner, I was telling my wife all the stuff we could make. I started sounding like Bubba Gump; you could fry it, bake it, grilled turkey noodle soup, turkey and rice, turkey pastrami, turkey salad etc etc etc.

Got the eye roll!

Beautiful! Nicely done. Must admit I tend to lose control grilling poultry...which is why I usually prefer smoking or sous vide (with a quick sear). Will have to keep trying to get your kind of results! Cheers

Beautiful! Nicely done. Must admit I tend to lose control grilling poultry...which is why I usually prefer smoking or sous vide (with a quick sear). Will have to keep trying to get your kind of results! Cheers

Thanks knife, I like to do chicken breast Sous Vide, I’ll give the turkey a try.

Those do look fantastic. I always have a tendency to dry poultry out when using the grill. But I keep trying :emoji_wink:

Oh wow! That is a fine meal there. I've been thinking about turkey as well with all these posts about them! I'm the only one that eats Turkey in the house. The wife will have a sliver with ham or something.

Those do look fantastic. I always have a tendency to dry poultry out when using the grill. But I keep trying :emoji_wink:

Thanks winter, I appreciate it.

Cooking over higher heat, I’ll pull my poultry at 160 IT. The carryover heat will take it to 165 easily.

Oh wow! That is a fine meal there. I've been thinking about turkey as well with all these posts about them! I'm the only one that eats Turkey in the house. The wife will have a sliver with ham or something.

Thank you Steve!

We do like turkey but sadly don’t eat it enough. Since it’s just my wife and I, I will usually do the butterball turkey roasts.

These tenderloins were nice though because they were thawed already, so they’re good when you want turkey in a pinch....No waiting to defrost.

Thanks for the like!!

Thanks winter, I appreciate it.

Cooking over higher heat, I’ll pull my poultry at 160 IT. The carryover heat will take it to 165 easily.

Thank you Steve!

We do like turkey but sadly don’t eat it enough. Since it’s just my wife and I, I will usually do the butterball turkey roasts.

These tenderloins were nice though because they were thawed already, so they’re good when you want turkey in a pinch....No waiting to defrost.

Thanks for the like!!

A butterball breast is in my future. The magic 8 ball told me anyway...;)

A butterball breast is in my future. The magic 8 ball told me anyway...;)

Lol, I’m still waiting on my 8ball to tell me some winning lotto numbers.

The roasts are not a whole intact breast, they are in pieces wrapped in netting, but they form a pretty solid hunk of meat when cooked.

They come in all white meat, a mix of white and dark meat...plus flavors like cajun or savory herb.

My local weis has them year around for about $11. But after thanksgiving they drop to about $6 with their specials l, so I usually grab a bunch for the freezer.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky