Grilled Shrimp Chermoula.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
So I had to change the water pump in my wife’s jeep today so after all was back in order I suggested to my wife I think it might be a Costco pizza night, but she said NO we have shrimp and I have this North African dish I think will work.....so I promptly agreed!

The Chermoula Sauce
3/4C fresh cilantro leaves
1/2C Extra Light Olive
2tbs lemon juice, white wine vinegar
1tbs honey
4 garlic cloves - minced
1/2 tsp cumin, smoked paprika, salt
1/8 tsp cayenne

This sauce was used to marinade the shrimp (45 min) and it was used to sauté some 1/4 inch sliced red onion & a shredded carrot then some Blanched cauliflower and seared under the broiler was added.
DFD69015-F0D2-4B6B-9B1D-E8FE7BB6DCF5.jpeg

The shrimp were placed on the grill grated Weber
1AFCF862-DA9C-4409-B121-E37FB5E8F092.jpeg

3 min to the first turn
F57AE241-3B50-434C-A8E9-16A229F9F708.jpeg

bing 6 min to the plate!
065F9613-8AC5-450E-B04E-3185BC6EE931.jpeg

And finally the full plate! It was created with a bed of rice, the roasted cauliflower, then topped with the shrimp and glazed with the remaining sauce from the sauté pan......HOLY SMOKES this is pure money!
0AA0BDFE-BE7B-4BDB-A3D2-E715A9C3E9B0.jpeg

oh I forgot to say some toasted pin nuts were added to the mix to take it to flavor town!

Looks great! How much does the Cilantro come thru? Bev is not a fan of Cilantro raw but doesn't seem to mind it cooked...JJ

Looks great! How much does the Cilantro come thru? Bev is not a fan of Cilantro raw but doesn't seem to mind it cooked...JJ
Thanks,

I think it cooks in pretty good JJ, especially since it is pureed. It could also be reduced a bit and it would still be tasty.

Reactions: chef jimmyj
That looks really good. We've been trying some new Shrimp things, and this looks doable for us regular folk, lol. Great job Civil.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
That looks really good. We've been trying some new Shrimp things, and this looks doable for us regular folk, lol. Great job Civil.
Thanks MJB, yes this one is a very simple and quick meal but tasty!

Wow...one stunningly beautiful plate. Just gorgeous and I can only imagine the flavors that were developed with the combination of goodies that went into it. Excellent job...and kudos to your wife for changing your mind. That had to be a lot better than frozen pizza :emoji_wink:

Robert

Looks fantastic! I would definitely dig into all of that. I made a chermoula for my lamb chops yesterday. Seems to be the Morrocan version of Chimichurri. JJ for lamb it substituted blanched mint in place of the cilantro.

Sure looks tasty! And yes...I had to read it to find out what chermoula was!

Ryan

Reactions: jcam222
That looks awesome man, nice meal!
Thanks Waterin! PS I think we may be neighbors now...

Nice. Been looking for a new shrimp recipe. Give it a try.
Brian, it’s a nice simple one but it is dang tasty! The shrimp would also go nicely on top of a vinaigrette salad!

That does sound and look very tempting!
thanks inscrutable! You left shoulder says do it!

Wow...one stunningly beautiful plate. Just gorgeous and I can only imagine the flavors that were developed with the combination of goodies that went into it. Excellent job...and kudos to your wife for changing your mind. That had to be a lot better than frozen pizza :emoji_wink:

Robert
Thanks Robert!! Oh yes I’m sooooooo glad I went with my wife’s choice! I’m a lucky man for sure! The flavors are like a waterfall of tastiness for sure...lol!

That’s looks really good!
Great job!
Thanks yankee!

Looks great but wife don't like cauliflower. Oh well more for me Hahaha..

Warren
much appreciated Warren......yes more for you and there is shrimp? ....it might go on zucchini or blanch slice carrots and do more onions......that would be tasty!

Everything looks wonderful, nice piece of work, Like! RAY
Thanks RAY!

Looks fantastic! I would definitely dig into all of that. I made a chermoula for my lamb chops yesterday. Seems to be the Morrocan version of Chimichurri. JJ for lamb it substituted blanched mint in place of the cilantro.
thanks jcam. We have plans to do it on skirt steak and tilapia....we have frozen tilapia but Costco had fresh whole ones....I may have to go grab a pack.....I think you could also use Italian parsley as well.

Sure looks tasty! And yes...I had to read it to find out what chermoula was!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan! The traditional sauce doesn’t really call for the honey or vinegar ie it can have a kick but my wife thought the addition really made it come together to make it crazy savory

About all I can say is awesome!
Al
Thanks Al, it is greatly appreciated! It’s a sauce for many proteins!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky