Grilled Pork Chops Five Ways with Grilled Corn on the Cob

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tander28

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jan 7, 2016
Kansas
Inspired by SmokinVOLfan SmokinVOLfan , I wanted to grill up some pork chops. We've gotten a ton of them on sale recently, as people seem to be snatching up chicken breasts and leaving the lean pork chops behind. Fine by me!

I had some time, so I decided to have a little fun with it. I thawed five boneless loin chops we had gotten from the University dairy, and seasoned all five differently. I even made a sauce to go with each one. The idea was to have a friendly competition with my wife about who seasoned the best chop, but she ended up working late so I handled all but one of them.

1. Steakhouse - Meat Church Holy Cow rub with homemade steak sauce (SBR, soy, red wine vinegar, BBQ rub and melted butter)
2. Asian - seasoned with SPOG, marinated with some onion in leftover soy/fish sauce combo from take food combined with bulgogi, sriracha and rice wine vinegar. Boiled and reduced the marinade for a sauce.
3. Mexican - seasoned with SPOG plus cumin and chipotle powder, marinated in pineapple juice with more cut onion, red wine vinegar, and jalapeño juice. Again boiled and reduced the marinade for a sauce.
4. Cajun/Creole - Meat Church Holy Voodoo with homemade creole mustard sauce (Holy Voodoo, horseradish mustard, dijon mustard, mayo, and Franks red hot)
5. The last entry was thrown together by my wife just before grilling, and was also Mexican inspired with Tajìn seasoning and basted in garlic butter.

We also grilled up some corn on the cob rubbed down with Tajìn and garlic butter (two with the husk and two without). Everything went on my Camp Chef Woodwind on High in the direct heat setup, and not long after dinner was served! The verdict on each can be found below the pics.

Thawed, rinsed and patted dry for seasoning
IMG_1194.JPG

Seasoned up, clockwise from top left: Mexican, Cajun, Asian, Steakhouse
IMG_1195.JPG

Grilling with the corn

IMG_1198.JPG

All done and ready to eat!
IMG_1199.JPG

And finally, the plated shot with sauces, clockwise from the corn: Cajun, Asian, Steakhouse, Tajìn, Mexican.
IMG_1202.JPG

I liked all of them, but the real winners in my book were the Steakhouse and Asian. Both had great seasoning and paired perfectly with the sauces. The Cajun was third, I found the sauce a little overbearing but my wife loved it and had it as her favorite. Fourth and Fifth were the two Mexican chops--neither seemed to be seasoned enough though the pineapple came through on the one I marinated. The corn was out of this world with the crema my wife made, and yes, feel free to judge me I hate eating corn on the cob and always cut it off--I'm not dirtying up my hands unless there is a rib or wing involved!

Inspired by SmokinVOLfan SmokinVOLfan , I wanted to grill up some pork chops. We've gotten a ton of them on sale recently, as people seem to be snatching up chicken breasts and leaving the lean pork chops behind. Fine by me!

I had some time, so I decided to have a little fun with it. I thawed five boneless loin chops we had gotten from the University dairy, and seasoned all five differently. I even made a sauce to go with each one. The idea was to have a friendly competition with my wife about who seasoned the best chop, but she ended up working late so I handled all but one of them.

1. Steakhouse - Meat Church Holy Cow rub with homemade steak sauce (SBR, soy, red wine vinegar, BBQ rub and melted butter)
2. Asian - seasoned with SPOG, marinated with some onion in leftover soy/fish sauce combo from take food combined with bulgogi, sriracha and rice wine vinegar. Boiled and reduced the marinade for a sauce.
3. Mexican - seasoned with SPOG plus cumin and chipotle powder, marinated in pineapple juice with more cut onion, red wine vinegar, and jalapeño juice. Again boiled and reduced the marinade for a sauce.
4. Cajun/Creole - Meat Church Holy Voodoo with homemade creole mustard sauce (Holy Voodoo, horseradish mustard, dijon mustard, mayo, and Franks red hot)
5. The last entry was thrown together by my wife just before grilling, and was also Mexican inspired with Tajìn seasoning and basted in garlic butter.

We also grilled up some corn on the cob rubbed down with Tajìn and garlic butter (two with the husk and two without). Everything went on my Camp Chef Woodwind on High in the direct heat setup, and not long after dinner was served! The verdict on each can be found below the pics.

Thawed, rinsed and patted dry for seasoning
View attachment 450904

Seasoned up, clockwise from top left: Mexican, Cajun, Asian, Steakhouse
View attachment 450905

Grilling with the corn

View attachment 450906

All done and ready to eat!
View attachment 450907

And finally, the plated shot with sauces, clockwise from the corn: Cajun, Asian, Steakhouse, Tajìn, Mexican.
View attachment 450908

I liked all of them, but the real winners in my book were the Steakhouse and Asian. Both had great seasoning and paired perfectly with the sauces. The Cajun was third, I found the sauce a little overbearing but my wife loved it and had it as her favorite. Fourth and Fifth were the two Mexican chops--neither seemed to be seasoned enough though the pineapple came through on the one I marinated. The corn was out of this world with the crema my wife made, and yes, feel free to judge me I hate eating corn on the cob and always cut it off--I'm not dirtying up my hands unless there is a rib or wing involved!
They all sound real good to me! The chops house i think would have been my favorite with the Asian coming in seconed. Funny story about con on the cob....my nephew lost his 4 front teeth all at the same time. We had a cook out and had corn on the cob. He never asked anyone to cut it off for him...we all had a good laugh watching him try to eat it! Eventually we cut it off for him... I still give him a hard time about it lol!

Reactions: tander28 and TNJAKE
Tander those chops look awesome man! That's a whole lot of work but it looks like it paid off big time in the end. The corn looks great too! If you like grilled corn try this one out by xray xray sometime. Always good!

They all look good to me! Can't wait for sweet corn season...butter running down your arm! Lol

Ryan

They all sound real good to me! The chops house i think would have been my favorite with the Asian coming in seconed. Funny story about con on the cob....my nephew lost his 4 front teeth all at the same time. We had a cook out and had corn on the cob. He never asked anyone to cut it off for him...we all had a good laugh watching him try to eat it! Eventually we cut it off for him... I still give him a hard time about it lol!
I had a good laugh thinking about this lol
All looks and sounds great. I'll take a Cajun chop please
Thank you, and hard to go wrong with cajun anything!
Tander those chops look awesome man! That's a whole lot of work but it looks like it paid off big time in the end. The corn looks great too! If you like grilled corn try this one out by xray xray sometime. Always good!

Thank you! And I'll have to give that elotes recipe a try thanks for sharing
They all look good to me! Can't wait for sweet corn season...butter running down your arm! Lol

Ryan
Thanks! No butter down the arm for me since I cut it off the cob--maybe down my shirt though haha.
that's looks good!
Thanks, Jim!

Looks great Tander!! I'll take one of each please. Summertime is all about eating corn off the cob.

Looks great Tander. Perfectly cooked too. All of the sauces look delicious.

Mike

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky