Grilled Greek Chicken Gyro's w pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks super tasty!! Those are all flavors we love. Glad you like the dressing. We use it fairly often

Thank you Jeff! Yeah man that dressing is off the charts good. Thought about adding some crumbled feta cheese to it but decided since I was adding the cheese to the salad anyways I would just leave it alone.

Thanks Travis! I would love to do these traditionally with lamb but haven't seen a rack in the stores for awhile. The marinade has a lot of acidity in it due to the lemon juice not sure how it would go on that but I would sure give it a try!
Ground lamb is often available.
You can mince it (food processor is easiest), season it and rotisserie or grill it, it'll come out a much more traditional Kabob*/schwarma style.
(*not shish kabob).

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
You can mince it (food processor is easiest), season it and rotisserie or grill it, it'll come out a much more traditional Kabob*/schwarma style.
(*not shish kabob).

Appreciate the tip Chile. I can normally get ground lamb pretty easily will have to give that a try.

Good Lord Those look fantastic John!
I love gyros , but my preferred meat would be lamb.
However since lamb is so expensive I would definitely try it your way.
They look absolutely delicious!!!
Al

Wow
I love gyros (and you can pronounce it jiro or yeero). It is named for the spit cooking of meat
Greeks eat well and drink well.
Need to wash that meal down with Roditis wine.

(*not shish kabob).

Ground meat kabobs is a Kafta.
Traditional Schwarma (or gyro in Greece) is a stack of whole meats on a spit, then braised and shaved. The best is mixed meats. That Greek joint in Chicago wouldn't divulge their meat blends, but beef and mutton flavors came through

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
Good Lord Those look fantastic John!
I love gyros , but my preferred meat would be lamb.
However since lamb is so expensive I would definitely try it your way.
They look absolutely delicious!!!
Al

Thank you Al appreciate it! I would prefer lamb too but like you said due to cost and ease the chicken will make due.

Wow
I love gyros (and you can pronounce it jiro or yeero). It is named for the spit cooking of meat
Greeks eat well and drink well.
Need to wash that meal down with Roditis wine.

Ground meat kabobs is a Kafta.
Traditional Schwarma (or gyro in Greece) is a stack of whole meats on a spit, then braised and shaved. The best is mixed meats. That Greek joint in Chicago wouldn't divulge their meat blends, but beef and mutton flavors came through

Thank you for the kind words! And appreciate all the good info too!

Reactions: Fueling Around
A taco is a taco is a taco - except when it's not. John your tacos look better then any I've seen in a long time. Most Excellent!!!, and I'll let the Coors light slide this time. Since Miller/Coors brews PBR. So it can't be all bad.

Point for sure
Chris

A taco is a taco is a taco - except when it's not. John your tacos look better then any I've seen in a long time. Most Excellent!!!, and I'll let the Coors light slide this time. Since Miller/Coors brews PBR. So it can't be all bad.

Point for sure
Chris

Thanks Chris! Gotta tap the rockies and throw in a cold coors every once in awhile lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky