Grill and Flat Top?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

culpepersmoke

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 16, 2010
Split between Michigan and Texas
My old Charbroil grill needs some serious attention. All the normal stuff you’d come to expect from an 8 plus year old grill. Burners, cover plates etc all need to be replaced which started a discussion with my wife about rebuilding it or fixing it. She asked me the question “if you got a new grill what would you want different”.
This got me thinking and I decided my “ideal” grill would be to have a standard gas grill on one side and a good thick aluminum flat top on the other. I just think having a flat top would add a whole new dimension to my outdoor cooking?
We live in small town America so finding items that may not be the norm is a little difficult sometimes. We did some looking online but really didn’t turn up anything. Am I looking for something that doesn’t exist and is that because it’s not practical or that great of an idea?
I’d like to get your thoughts on it.
Thanks in advance.

well I can't help you with the finding part, but your idea sounds awesome. Maybe look into a local fabricator to see if they could fashion you a removable top? Just a thought anyway?

I know that HD used to sell a grill that had this exact thing. I remember seeing it last summer when I bought my RED grill. I wish I could remember the manufacturer...maybe Weber? I almost bought it but I liked the idea of the RED grill.

I never did find my grill with a flat top or I should say I never found it within my price range. Did go over budget just a little but picked up a Weber S-330 this weekend. After reading the reviews and talking to a few folks here it seems like a good choice. Tomorrow we'll through some steaks on.

Thanks all for your inputs.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky