Griddle Thai Sweet Chili Glazed Pork W Pineapple & Cranberries (Q-View)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
I was gonna save this one and add it to the next thread showcasing three quick easy meals on the griddle but it was so good I felt it deserved a thread of it's own. So simple, so quick, and just dangerously good!! I make a Thai Sweet Chili Sauce that's become a staple around here. It's got a nice spice tingle, some sweet, and a very pronounced garlic flavor. Overall it's pretty complex and brings a lot to the table from a flavor standpoint.

Here is the Thai Sweet Chili Sauce. About time to make some more
0001.jpg

Took three small center cut loin chops and cut them into small pieces, put them in a bowl, and mixed in the chili sauce. Then back in the fridge to marinate for about 4 hours
0002.jpg

Time to fire up the griddle and get things going. Meat on one side, pineapple and cranberries on the other
Thai Sweet Chili Pork 002.jpg

Let the meat cook a bit, the pineapple caramelize, and mix it all together
Thai Sweet Chili Pork 003.jpg

All done and onto a platter to get it off the griddle so it won't burn from the residual heat
Thai Sweet Chili Pork 005.jpg

Made a nice salad and dressed it with sesame oil, red wine vinegar, a small splash of soy sauce, and garnished with sesame seeds
Thai Sweet Chili Pork 006.jpg

Dinner plated: the pork, salad, and some fried rice
Thai Sweet Chili Pork 008.jpg

Ladies and gents, this was one of the most flavorful of the griddle meals I've done. It was just fantastic!! Next time I'll put more cranberries in but that was all I had and it was actually an afterthought. Sounded good so I put them in and am very happy I did. Once again though, the beauty of this dinner was it only took about 15 minutes to make.

Time to grab a margarita and head for the pool. Thanks for dropping in once again and see y'all on the next one

Robert

Looks and sounds pretty dang tasty. I'll take a plate with onions mixed in. Love onions with pineapple. Nice work

I could stand a plate of that, Looks really good

Gary

Very good looking meal Robert! I especially like how you added some seasame and soy to your salad, that would compliment the thai glaze and pork very nicely. Definitely a nice subtle touch.

Like!

Love it love it love it! I can only make dishes with the word "chili" in it for myself, same with onions and garlic to some degree. I'll just have to live vicariously thru you Robert, but for those nights when I opt to dine alone. RAY

Nice job. I got to give Thai Chili Sauce a try...JJ

Looks great again Robert. Simple and tasty. That's the way to go. Thanks for sharing.
I gotta get one of those. Been looking for one of these deals I keep hearing about, but can't find.
Mike

I was gonna save this one and add it to the next thread showcasing three quick easy meals on the griddle but it was so good I felt it deserved a thread of it's own. So simple, so quick, and just dangerously good!! I make a Thai Sweet Chili Sauce that's become a staple around here. It's got a nice spice tingle, some sweet, and a very pronounced garlic flavor. Overall it's pretty complex and brings a lot to the table from a flavor standpoint.

Here is the Thai Sweet Chili Sauce. About time to make some more
View attachment 453233

Took three small center cut loin chops and cut them into small pieces, put them in a bowl, and mixed in the chili sauce. Then back in the fridge to marinate for about 4 hours
View attachment 453234

Time to fire up the griddle and get things going. Meat on one side, pineapple and cranberries on the other
View attachment 453235

Let the meat cook a bit, the pineapple caramelize, and mix it all together
View attachment 453236

All done and onto a platter to get it off the griddle so it won't burn from the residual heat
View attachment 453237

Made a nice salad and dressed it with sesame oil, red wine vinegar, a small splash of soy sauce, and garnished with sesame seeds
View attachment 453238

Dinner plated: the pork, salad, and some fried rice
View attachment 453239

Ladies and gents, this was one of the most flavorful of the griddle meals I've done. It was just fantastic!! Next time I'll put more cranberries in but that was all I had and it was actually an afterthought. Sounded good so I put them in and am very happy I did. Once again though, the beauty of this dinner was it only took about 15 minutes to make.

Time to grab a margarita and head for the pool. Thanks for dropping in once again and see y'all on the next one

Robert

Hell ya, Robert! You da man!

Once again another great meal! Love your flavor combo on this meal. Nice job man!

Awesome griddle of food!! Love the flavors on the pork and also the salad. I gotta do some Thai of some kind soon. Great cook Robert.

Looks and sounds pretty dang tasty. I'll take a plate with onions mixed in. Love onions with pineapple. Nice work

Thanks Jake and great idea buddy. We too love onions and they'd make a great addition.

Robert

I could stand a plate of that, Looks really good

Appreciate it Gary but sadly there was no plate left...not even enough for Tracy's lunch the next day.

I especially like how you added some seasame and soy to your salad, that would compliment the thai glaze and pork very nicely. Definitely a nice subtle touch.

You nailed that one Joe. I hadn't planned to put the soy in there till I was putting the sesame oil back in the pantry, say the soy, and thought hmmmm...that might be good.Only a small amount though. It does brng everything together very well.

Looks great Robert! Great flavors all mixed together. Nice cook man!

Thanks so much John!! Was a bit sweeter than I typically cook but made for a really nice Asian themed meal so it was all good.

Nice I could go for that NOW its supper time here.

Go for it!! Was some tasty stuff. Heck, I could eat this for breakfast

Robert

Love it love it love it! I can only make dishes with the word "chili" in it for myself, same with onions and garlic to some degree.

Thank you Ray. Fortunately for me Tracy likes spice stuff, garlic, and onions. If that were to ever change I'd probably have to file for divorce :emoji_laughing:

Nice job. I got to give Thai Chili Sauce a try...JJ

Very much appreciate it Jimmy. I just kinda tossed it together one day, dialed it in, and there's been a jar in the fridge ever since. I love the stuff. It's also fantastic over a warm brie as an appetizer.

Been looking for one of these deals I keep hearing about, but can't find.

Funny you mention this. Apparently there's been quite a run on these things. A friend was looking for one and couldn't find it either. My guess is that with the next shut-down imminent and it being outdoor cooking time, folks are jumping all over these things because they won't be able to go to restaurants any more.

Robert

Reactions: MJB05615
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky