Greetings from Western Montana

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Mtcraig

Original poster
Oct 18, 2022
Greetings, I decided to join after getting Jeff’s email this morning. I got interested in smoking food and built myself an offset smoker10 years ago. I learned a lot about smoking different meats through the years and decided to get me a pellet smoker so I wouldn’t have to spend the whole day tending the fire and temperature. I bought a Recteq RT-700 5 years ago and have gotten great results from it but I still occasionally pull out the old offset smoker when I want to spend the day tending the smoker. Looking forward to getting new ideas and food to smoke.

Reactions: JLeonard
Welcome from Naples Fl. What part of W Montana? I only ask as I still crave
EA78A8C4-2AD3-4AB0-8C4F-BE47D89D9F5B.jpeg

St. Regis, only about 100 miles south/west of Bowman Orchards.

St. Regis, only about 100 miles south/west of Bowman Orchards.
We lived in E Mt. Ranch over near Fairview. Spent a lot of time in Livingston as a kid. Anytime you want to work a trade, Bowmans can't ship. They make their Cherry wine as a brandy and then reduce it. Good stuff.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky