Greetings from Virginia

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pm0084

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 30, 2016
Fredericksburg VA
I am from the Fredericksburg area of VA, and am pretty new to smoking meat...as in never.  I have always been an avid griller and can cook some mean chicken and steaks, but wanted to expand my horizons a bit after stopping at a few of those road side BBQ joints and falling in love.  To be honest I have been stalking the forum for a few weeks getting ideas and reading reviews...lots of great info here.

A bit about me:  Well first off I love to spend time with my family, fish, hunt, and drink quality craft beer :)  I hope to add smoking meat to the list soon.  I have a pretty busy life that does not always give me the luxury bird dogging long slow cooks, so I went the sit it and forget it electric smoker route.

My equipment:

MES Gen 2.5 Bluetooth

AMNPS 5x8 (Just in case...seems popular)

Weber Summit (propane grill)

Weber Kettle (charcoal)

I look forward to hopefully share a few good smokes and learn a few new tricks of the trade.

Thanks for the welcome.
Todays adventure will be some boneless/skinless chicken breast, wrapped in bacon, and stuffed with feta cheese....hope to have something good to show in forum.

Last edited:
Sounds tasty!  
drool.gif

Mike

I will post some Q view in the forum for everyone to drool over...all i can say is they are looking good and smelling great right now. Used a hickory and apple wood mix

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky