Greetings from Virginia

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by pm0084, May 30, 2016.

1. pm0084

pm0084 Fire Starter

I am from the Fredericksburg area of VA, and am pretty new to smoking meat...as in never.  I have always been an avid griller and can cook some mean chicken and steaks, but wanted to expand my horizons a bit after stopping at a few of those road side BBQ joints and falling in love.  To be honest I have been stalking the forum for a few weeks getting ideas and reading reviews...lots of great info here.

A bit about me:  Well first off I love to spend time with my family, fish, hunt, and drink quality craft beer :)  I hope to add smoking meat to the list soon.  I have a pretty busy life that does not always give me the luxury bird dogging long slow cooks, so I went the sit it and forget it electric smoker route.

My equipment:

MES Gen 2.5 Bluetooth

AMNPS 5x8 (Just in case...seems popular)

Weber Summit (propane grill)

Weber Kettle (charcoal)

I look forward to hopefully share a few good smokes and learn a few new tricks of the trade.

2. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Welcome to the forum.

Plenty of MES guys on here to help you with your new smoker.

Al

3. mike5051

mike5051 Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Welcome to the site!  Sounds like you've got all the bases covered with your equipment.

Mike

4. pm0084

pm0084 Fire Starter

Thanks for the welcome.
    Todays adventure will be some boneless/skinless chicken breast, wrapped in bacon, and stuffed with feta cheese....hope to have something good to show in forum.

Last edited: May 30, 2016
  5. mike5051

mike5051 Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Sounds tasty!  [​IMG]

Mike

6. pm0084

pm0084 Fire Starter

I will post some Q view in the forum for everyone to drool over...all i can say is they are looking good and smelling great right now. Used a hickory and apple wood mix