Greetings from the Netherlands

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bbqfoodexpress

Original poster
Jan 25, 2022
Hi there,

Thanks for letting me join this forum. I am a Dutchman, living in center town Utrecht. An ancient city with nice architecture canals and good places to hang out. 10649033_10204852718259809_3638364912458383194_o.jpg
I always cooked for hobby but after 35 years in IT I decided to start my own barbecue business. (Hey, everybody deserves a second life, right?) attitude07.jpg
It took me 5 and half months to build Miss Piggy my smoker and she weights 2000 kilos at the moment.

I am running my business for 4 years. Despite covid I am still here. But 90% of my cooking happens during summer times. I started doing festivals and fairs but since last year I do catering mostly for company events.

I have started a new bbq.jpg project to build a second stationary RF smoker behind my kitchen so I can prepare the meat in advance before going on the road to the next job.
I hope to learn from this forum on the build and also on some cool new recipes. In Europe the good old American BBQ is getting more populair and I want to bring the flavors to my country fellowmen. bbq locomotive.jpg
In the freetime that is left I play drums, drive my Harley en play hockey in the old timer team.

Best regards,
Ron Alflen (BBQ Food Express)

Attachments

• Utrecht-grachten.jpg
    Utrecht-grachten.jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 11
Welcome and that is just one cool smoker you have!!!! Just awesome!

Welcome from Ohio. Love the smoker, swear someone else posted a train smoker recently too.

Welcome from Virginia! Great post and awesome build! Looking forward to seeing some of what you do there too! Learning is definitely a mutual experience here!

It's the same one...

Welcome from Oregon!

I will be visiting you as soon as we can safely travel. Keep a brisket warm!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky