Greetings From Houston TX

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

field2freezer

Original poster
Dec 24, 2016
I'm glad to have found this great site and all of you fine folks. I'm new to the site but have been cooking outdoors for many years. I am by no means a pro, but I know enough to be dangerous. I have been blessed with a wonderful wife and two good boys age 1 and 4. We live in Houston where my wife and I are both teachers. I teach middle school engineering and manufacturing... or what most of us grew up calling shop class. I am an avid outdoors man and we enjoy making venison sausage, dove poppers and other grilled and smokes wild game. We grill at least twice a week and smoke on the MES every weekend. I recently came into a Traulsen Food Warmer that I will be converting into a smoker and will be leaning on some you old hands for advice and help. The primary purpose of the new unit is to smoke sausage in bulk instead of doing batches on the MES. Thanks for taking the time to read my ramblings, I'm glad to make your acquaintance.

20200710_115351.jpg

Welcome from Wisconsin. I will be following to see how your smoking rig turns out. Have you decided to run it as electric, charcoal, gas?

JC :emoji_cat:

Welcome! Cool new rig! I'm looking to start learning to make my own sausage as well. I grew up in the Houston area, but live in Washington State now, and it's quite difficult to find a good game processor who doesn't just want to make pepperoni. What part of Houston are you in? I grew up in Crystal Beach, but lived for several years in Mont Belvieu and Baytown before moving up here.

Thank you all for the warm welcome. JC I am currently wrestling with the question of the heat source and will definitely create a thread asking for input. Pope I live in Kingwood... NE Houston.

Welcome from Gilbert, AZ! Galveston in mid-July was the most miserable place I've ever been, thought I was going to sweat to death. Your future smoker looks to be a real beauty! RAY

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky