Greetings from Canada !

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

canadiannewbie

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 25, 2011
Ottawa, ON, Canada
Hello

My name is Dave (Ottawa, ON) and this winter I started to learn about rubs and smoking.

I continue to get recipes off the net (and this site) and so far I've had fairly good luck trying them out.

Right now all I have is a BBQ and wood chips so this summer I hope to build a smoker :-).

Take care

Dave

beercheer.gif
canada-flag-68.gif

Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

First off welcome to SMF and were glad to have you aboard. There is bookoo’s of information here and some great looking q from members who can really dish it out so join in and share your experiences, have some fun and don’t forget to post our favorite.

The Qveiw

Joe

Hi Dave Welcome to SMF .

I lived in Ottawa in the Glebe in the 1960's and 1970s My Daughter lives in Neapean now. Damm that place has grown and changed.

I am living  back home now in Beautiful BC. Glad you joined the site. Lots of good info and people here.

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.

Hi Dave Welcome to SMF .

I lived in Ottawa in the Glebe in the 1960's and 1970s My Daughter lives in Neapean now. Damm that place has grown and changed.

I am living  back home now in Beautiful BC. Glad you joined the site. Lots of good info and people here.
Hey Gnu

Small world !!!

I grew up on Fifth Ave near O'Connor in the 60s and 70s and did 5 years of hard labour at Glebe HS - -74-79 I figure. (Born in 59)

I live in Nepean (Baseline - Woodroffe) near Algonquin College. Yes the place sure has changed.

My oldest graduated from Emily Carr in Vancouver.

So far I have been doing ribs and dry rubs. My better half and I have an acre lot and in a few years we will build our small retirement home. (1,000 sq')

For now we have a nice set up but we go up, listen to the birds, clear bush/work hard, and enjoy cooking and a few cans of pop/Wine.

I'm so looking forward to slow cooking during the day - take a break see how supper is coming along!

Keep in touch

Me

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky