Greetings from Atlanta, GA

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

louie427

Original poster
Jul 13, 2016
My name is Lou and I just picked up my first ever smoker yesterday from Craigslist.

It is a Charbroil 600 vertical gas smoker. I got a great deal on it that also came with a 1/2 tank of gas.

The reason that I want to start smoking is simple. I want to make my own meat that I feel, right now, I pay way too much in the store. My wife and I are eating via Whole 30/Paleo and this means that we eat a lot of meat.

I plan on smoking chickens, wings, butts, brisket etc. We plan on making Sunday or "Smoking Day" so that we can eat on for the entire week to come.

I plan on experimenting with rubs, seasonings and flavor chips. 

My initial thought was to get 2-3 additional grates, bbq gloves and a cover. 

But I don't know if I necessarily need all of those things right away. The smoker came with 3 racks but I possibly see a need for more. 

I am very excited and looking forward to smoking some stuff!

If anyone knows of a great site for recipes that they would like to share I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks and I am glad to be a member.

Lou 

welcome1.gif
   to the forum!

Glad to have you aboard Lou!

Al

texas.gif
  Good evening and welcome to the forum, from another hot day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky