Greetings and need some advice in Joliet, IL

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Welcome to the forums from VT.

1666108020343.png

Here is the Joliet Correctional Center-the prison that Joliet Jake walked out of to cross Collins Street and get into the 'new' Bluesmobile. I am the Graffiti Abatement Officer for the City of Joliet and was asked to remove all the graffiti that had accumulated during the time that the Illinois Dept of Corrections let it deteriorate by letting vandals 'break in' at night and have their way. I spent about 3 months in there removing 626 tags/murals/gang graffiti from the interior walls so that our Historical Society could turn it into a tourist destination and musical event venue that is very well received and successful now. Many more personal pics of me inside but don't want to push the envelope here.

Attachments

• download (7).jpeg
    download (7).jpeg
    58.8 KB · Views: 13
  • download (10).jpeg
    download (10).jpeg
    90.5 KB · Views: 13
Welcome from Mississippi! Look forward to your post and bring on the pics. We like pics.
Jim

Hello Jan… I am Joliet born and bred. I've had a woodwind 24 inch for about three years now. I would be happy to answer any questions you might have!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky