Greeting from Philadelphia

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jz74

Original poster
Mar 6, 2017
Hi Everybody,

I live in Philadelphia, close to the Art Museum – you all saw Rocky.  I worked in kitchens when I was young, have been cooking all my life, and always wanted to try my hand at smoking.

I remember the 1[sup]st[/sup] time that I had real bbq.  I was living in Chicago and my friend’s family would ship bbq from Alabama overnight on dry ice – usually a chicken, ribs, pulled pork, and white sauce.  It was amazing and I’ve been chasing great BBQ ever since.

My wife is a pescatarian, so I will be hot smoking (and attempting to cold smoke) lots of fish for her along with Briskets, Shoulders, Ribs, Chickens, and whatever else for me.

I'm a set it and forget it type so I'm going to purchase a mid range Pellet Smoker (Grilla Silverback).

This looks like a great website, I've already been searching the forums and look forward to contributing.

Thanks!

Jeremy

Reactions: jenifaohjeni
Hey Jeremy, welcome to SMF!  Glad you are here and ready to get into the smoking game full time.  Regardless of what we own, we're either smoking, thinking about smoking, planning a smoke, or talking about what we can do with our smokers.  This is one fun and focused community!

Have fun!

Ray 

Welcome to the forum!!! 
welcome1.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky