Greek chicken sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

roser

Original poster
Jun 9, 2013
Kennewick, WA
Well, I don't know what I'm doing since this is only my second attempt at sausages but I really wanted to try afresh sausage. Saw a post on meatwave.com for Greek chicken sausages so these are a rif on that.

5.5 lbs bone-in chicken thighs
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
3/4 cup or so of fresh mint
Two heads roasted garlic
8oz feta cheese
Salt/pepper

De-boned thighs and cut into chunks. Mixed all ingredients and into grinder with fine plate. Patty taste test had good lemon flavor but mild on mint and garlic so I threw a bit more mint in. Didn't have any more garlic or I woulda thrown in some minced raw. I'm hoping that the flavors will develop more during these next few hrs in fridge.

Stuffed into hog casings and ready to grill for tonight. Extras will be vac packed and frozen. Will update with more pics of the plated sausages tonite.

Yup, one of my links untwisted. I need lots of practice!

Nice job and great looking sausage Roser....... Thanx for sharing...............

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky