Great vac packed meal

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

joe black

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 25, 2015
Greenville, SC
We just finished dinner and it was delicious. Pulled pork, slaw and baked beans. The pulled pork was 11 months old....from last Labor Day. I've been under the weather with back problems for over six months. We have been thinking of getting into the freezer and we finally made the jump today. If you're not using a vacuum sealer, you need to get started. It's the only way to go with your left overs. This pack of pulled pork (actually two packs) was just as fresh and tasty as the day it was done.

Give one a try, you won't regret it. Joe. :yahoo:

I don't think anyone will disagree with you Joe!

I can't imagine not having a vac sealer.

As you said, stuff over a year old tastes just like the day it was smoked,

It's funny you started this thread now, because I just pulled out some PP from June 2015 last week & it was just as good as if it had just come off the smoker. We were cleaning out the freezer & found it & thought why not heat it up, there was no freezer burn on it at all, and as I said above it tasted just like the day it was smoked.

Al

Vac sealers are a must if you like to Q big pieces of meat with an average sized family IMHO. Not only can I get the "family packs" of steaks and chops but also the "managers special" on all meat products that have been hanging around the meat counter too long. I  divy them up and vac-freeze them until needed.

They are indispensable when when you do a whole pork shoulder and eat six sandwiches... Let alone pre smoking ribs, chops, etc, and doing the sous vide like Ironhorse mentioned.

I have two pieces of belly that I completely over-smoked with mesquite that are in the archives right now just waiting for an opportunity to use them. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky