Gravity 800 griddle sticky residue from bubble wrap

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jbow

Original poster
Jul 2, 2015
Hi. I recently got a MB G800. I’m just getting around to seasoning the griddle. When I got it, shipped from Walmart, the bubble wrap was stuck to the griddle and it left a sticky residue and an impression of the wrap.
I’m not sure how to get the sticky off without leaving a worse residue. I have Goo Gone but I don’t want to mess it up. I could heat it up but I’m afraid I’ll make everything worse.
Any ideas on how to clean this mess off without making a worse mess?
Thanks!
Julien

The residue is probably whatever oil they coated it with to keep it from rusting during shipment, so I don't think it's harmful or anything. I believe I'd just burn it off, then season.

Yep, burn it off before layering on the first coat of seasoning oil. I am sure there is cosmolene (sp) and other oils throughout that need to be burned off before use.

Reactions: jbow and TNJAKE
Thanks! Will do. The obvious never occurred to me, lol.
J

Reactions: DougE
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky