Gotta start somewhere

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

captcouillon

Original poster
Dec 4, 2012
Deltaville, VA
Louisiana (Acadia parish) transplant now living in VA on the Chesapeake. Fall's here though it don't feel like it today. Can't get Andouille, Tasso, etc here so time to go back to DIY. Like riding a bike but can always use some new techniques and maybe share some old.

Scrapping together a gas ( Gasps of horror from the audience ) UDS with a sidearm smoke generator. Plan to do a fair amount of cold (below 100 degree) smoking along with mid to hi-temp and I think this rig will give me some great control on temps and smoke volume with a minimum PITA factor.

Back home we always smoked with sugarcane and pecan. Here I can get pecan (already got a rick in the yard) but cane is a problem. Got a buddy shipping me a 5 gal bucket of bagasse to start with.   Got another solution in mind, but it will take some time to work out.

Got plenty family recipe for traditional stuff (andouille, taso, boudin, ponce (chaudin) etc) that runs through the smokehouse, as well as gumbo, mauque choux and the like, that I will be happy to share with anyone who wants them.

Nuff said..

Lache pas la patate

CaptCouillon

welcome1.gif
 to SMF!!! We're happy you joined us!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky