Hello again from N. Virginia!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

letthemeatrest

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 18, 2015
Springfield, VA
Hello again! I am so thankful for this forum and just wanted to say hi, i'm back!

Life got a little crazy so I took a little hiatus from smoking.

A couple months ago I discovered Picanha at my fav store, Costco which led me to clean up my 18.5" WSM thats been at rest for a few years. Grill cleaner down to bare metal, new grates, the burn off, and did my first cook. It was wonderful, I got clean smoke, the held temps perfectly, and with a digital thermometer I took this miracle cut of beef up to 122 and let it sit on the counter where it took itself to 134 degrees perfect medium rare. All i got to say is, i'm back, why did i ever stop? I have done about 7-8 cooks since and smoker is starting to get a nice season on it again. I just want to say this place is the best and thank you for teaching me everything i know about smoking and thank you for all the delicious food!

I have also discovered smoker minimalism, I just salt / pepper everything and olive oil and get great results.. SPO is nothing new here but i recently started to embrace it and its so good!! On the WSM, i just do the dry foiled pan, set my intakes and forget it. I get close to the temps i want and the temps lock in forever.

I'm still in the Virginia / DC area, a little older now at 38, and progressed a little more in my career in software engineering. I WFH permanently so I can sneak off and tend to the smoker. I will share some cooks and try to give back what SMF has given to me and I am sure there is much more for me to learn too.

Thanks for having me!

p.s, my favorite wood is Pecan and salt is flavor.

Reactions: JLeonard
lol, yep the food is awesome!!, but too many people attending makes it hard to move around and see what you want to see.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky