Got me a carport/working shed.... FINALLY....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 12, 2010
Omak,Washington,U.S.A.
If you have ever been baling hay in 100+ degree weather, and had the baler break down... You know the driveway is a very inhospitable place to work on said baler.. especially when time is against you.... Then I threw in one more reason to get one... snow and freezing weather... when you have to thaw the truck door, using a heat gun, so you can get in it... a simple drive to the store then park the truck makes for melting snow to freeze the door Fort Knox tight...
Those scenarios are now, "ain't gonna happen"...
A guy has to treat himself to a pleasure or two in life, periodically....
Carport 001.JPG

It took the crew of 3 men, 4 hours from start to finish.....It's level, square and plumb.. They paid attention to detail....

Last edited:
Nice Dave.Gotta make hay when the sun shines.It looks heavy duty compared to a lot of them
I've seen many crushed from snow load through the years here.

Reactions: daveomak
This unit has what they call, "vertical" panels so the snow can slide off... Also makes it look like the house.... The steel is 12 gauge ... There are many of this manufacturers builds where I live... A friend of mine is one of the many "outlets" to order from..

That would look good on my patio!!
Do you know how much wind it will take?
Al

Morning Al.... Here's their site... They deliver all over the country... The crew drove up from Hermiston Oregon yesterday.. They had loaded 5 units on their trailer... I was #4 install yesterday... and they were heading to #5 when they left here...

Coast to Carports

Morning Al.... Here's their site... They deliver all over the country... The crew drove up from Hermiston Oregon yesterday.. They had loaded 5 units on their trailer... I was #4 install yesterday... and they were heading to #5 when they left here...

Coast to Carports

Thanks Dave, I just checked them out & they don't do Florida!
Bummer!!
Al

Nice. I see your lil doggie is checking it out too. That is one smart dog, obviously checking the workmanship from the crew. Quality Control!

Dave is it tied down somehow or free-floating? It looks sturdy as all heck.

Chris

Congrats, I made a 26x18 5" slab a few years ago and had 1 put up,covered the west side and the south end so almost every thing stays dry. The weather was mostly great this past winter so it stayed as a patio ,wife calls it my BBQ building lol

Looks good Dave congrats that should make a lot of things much easier

Holly has it... there are 14 ea. 36" rods driven in the ground to hold it where it's at.... so it says in fine print....

It's 22W x 25L .... 8' walls...

I'm gonna order some crushed... gets some lights put up.... and maybe a snow curtain for the North wall, right hand side... I saw them on Amazon after I ordered it... Looks like a good deal to me... I've left a window cracked abut 1/4", in my truck.... and had a lot of snow in my truck... everywhere.... Powder snow and wind will penetrate about like ants will penetrate...

I put some Yellow reflective tape on the legs so it would stand out at night.. 3M tape... Awesome stuff... It can be seen... Took this pic at 4:30 AM...... I put the tape on 3 sides of the legs... WOW, does it get your attention...
Reflective Tape 002.JPG

Looks great Dave, so happy for you that your looking out for your self after all the great things you have done here on the Smoking Meats forums helping us new kids here.

Well Hank, now my hat don't fit too well... Gonna hafta dunk my head in a pail of ice water.... Oh, BTW, thanks for the very nice compliment...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky