Got a pretty good deal today

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

flash

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Mar 30, 2007
Chiefland/Cedar Key, Fl
 Well went to the store, but they had no Sirloin pork roast. Said they would be in tomorrow. Sale has been going on for 3 days now and their just coming in tomorrow. 
icon_rolleyes.gif
  Something tells me they won't show. I looked at the Pork butts and they did look good, but $1.99 was the cheapest they had. Still been awhile since we smoked one, some picked one up. The other item I was looking for the the Eye of Round. Here we got a deal. I have seen Eye of Round into the $4.00 a lb area, mostly in the high end $3.80 area. This were rolls like a loin, $2.99 a lb and ran around $18.00 a rolls. Bought two and sectioned it up into 6 roast. These smoked up real well the last time and made some great sandwiches.

47e04df5_EyeofRoundRolls148.jpg

047597d5_TriTipSliced0034.jpg

drool.gif

Sounds like a great deal and they sure look good

Nice looking roast. Ive got my eye on that bag of pistachios there too. I ate a whole bag by myself watching the race sunday..........

Great deal on the meat and your photos are..., exceptional!

I take it that sliced pic is an eye of round, if so, mind telling how you smoked it, looks very good, the one I tried to smoke was like shoe leather.

Gene

Good deal flash!

The best price for Eye Rounds around here is $2.99, but not that low very often.

These are always only about 3 pounds each.

Thats what I use for my Dried Beef.

Bear

That's a great deal on the roasts.  Wish I could find some here for that price.  Great pics, too.

Great deal on the meat and your photos are..., exceptional!

I take it that sliced pic is an eye of round, if so, mind telling how you smoked it, looks very good, the one I tried to smoke was like shoe leather.

Gene
 That's my good 'ol trusty Olympus C-740 3 megapixel camera. Olympus makes some good glass. I even used it as a Sports camera before getting my Nikon DSLR.

I am pretty sure I marinaded that roast in Mojo Criollo, over night, then wash it off and applied a good coating of Jeff's Rub (modified) then a good does of white and black, cracked pepper. Have to smoke it at a low heat, more in the 200 to 210º region, as I only take it too a 135º internal. Usually use Cherry and Oak wood. Then wrap it in foil and let it rest for a bit. Slice it thin.

Wife usually dredges it thru a warm Au Jus to use it on sammies with some cheese, onions and peppers (don't forget the good hoagie roll), sometimes all by itself with a side of mashed taters and gravy. 
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

Last edited:
Good deal flash!

The best price for Eye Rounds around here is $2.99, but not that low very often.

These are always only about 3 pounds each.

Thats what I use for my Dried Beef.

Bear
 First time I ever saw them that low Bear, that's the reason I jumped on it. Had to have the gal, loading the cases that day, show me were they were, as I have never seen them in rolls like that before.  Most were in 2 to 3 lb packages.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky