Got a new unit today......Hi Mountain Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kookie

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Mar 27, 2007
Mandan North Dakota
I got a heck of a deal tonight on a lightly used Hi Mountain Smoker/Cookshack Smokette 008. Picked this baby up for $120. A damn good deal when new they are over $500. Seems to be a well built unit. It is heavy. Hopefully I will get to test it out tomorrow. I am going to do a cleanup and reason in the morning. I will try posting some pics tomorrow.

not sure of the smoker but sounds like a hella of a deal-nice score

desertlites
I am familiar with the smoker and have to say Kookie got a very well built smoker.

Kookie
Congratulations on a very nice smoker !!!

desertlites, Thanks . It made by Cookshack and they have been making them since the 60's in Okl. The SmokingTex's are very similar to the cookshacks. Thanks again Mossymo. If your ever in Bis area let me know....

Congrats on the new smoker don't forget to post some pics of it so we can all drool over it
biggrin.gif

Congrats on the the good deal on that smoker, and yes we'd like some pics of that score.

Didn't get the pics yet. But I did get it cleaned up and reseasoned this morning and I got a couple smokes in today. I tried some pizza sticks in it for lunch and they were damn good. Then I did some riblets in for supper. They turned out great... The smoker is well sealed and it doesn't use alot of wood. It makes some very moist meat.... I am glad I got it.....Should be a great smoker for years to come...........

Congrads on the slightly smoked smoker. Looking forward to seeing it in action.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky