Got a new AMNPS. Where should I put it in a GOSM BB?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

retread

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Aug 9, 2009
Methuen, MA
I've been looking forward to using my AMNPS.  I will be smoking a rack of spares in my GOSM Big Block today at about 225 degrees.

Does anybody have any recommendations for the best location inside the smoker for the AMNPS?

FRACK... Obviously my hand/eye/brain coordination was not there when I typed the title.....sigh.

I have not used it for hot smoking in my Smoke Vault, but I would think on a rack above the water pan would be where I would put it. I think the Vault & GOSM are very similar inside. What ever you decide I'm very interested in the outcome.

Here's a couple pics of the AMNPS in a GOSM

Placed adjacent to intake vent

af6254e3_457x342px-LL-0d258842_pellet5.jpg

Notice the "Heat Shield"?  Fire it attracted to fire, so without the heat shield, the pellets want to burn up very quickly.  This heat shield is a small rack covered in foil.

a512539a_463x347px-LL-eca68949_Medsetting.jpg

Hope this helps!

Todd

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky