1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Got a belly from my Grandson, SO I MADE BACON , steps & q-view galore

Discussion in 'Bacon' started by SmokinAl, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Nice looking bacon Al! The think I with lots of help figured this new fourm out. At least I can get around.lol

2. johnh12

johnh12 Smoke Blower

Looks great Al.
    My first thought was that I wanted to adopt your Grandson but I think I should just adopt you and get the finished product!!!!!!!!!!

3. I would rather just move in cause you have the Lang, do you have a spare bedroom? Lol

Randy,

4. johnh12

johnh12 Smoke Blower

No spare bedroom but I can put a cot for you right next to the Lang!:D

5. Through in a brisket and a couple butts and I’m in. Lol

Randy,
    Nice to be getting and sending posts again!

6. c14james35

c14james35 Meat Mopper

Looking good, great color!

7. Rings Я Us

Rings Я Us Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Cool.. I see your mix is per bag. I came to this thread to answer my question from the Berkshire bacon thread I had left. I remember this one.. Lol

So good info. Same on both belly bacon threads.

8. SmokinAl

SmokinAl SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Thanks fellas!
    And good luck with your bacon Johnny!
    Al

9. Nice bacon mine keeps coming out tuff tasty but tuff don’t know what I’m doing wrong??

Randy,

10. SmokinAl

SmokinAl SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Randy, are you letting it rest uncovered in the fridge for 3 or 4 days before & after smoking, and are you using a dry cure?
    Al

11. Yes I used a dry rub TQ and yes I did aloe it to rest in the refrigerator. And it is still tuff?
    Randy,
    You haven’t seen me on lately because I don’t get posts like before the system was redone. Do I don’t see what’s going on anymore.

12. SmokinAl

Yea I know what you mean, I don't get any notices anymore either & miss a lot of threads.
    Al

13. Rings Я Us

Rings Я Us Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Was happy the belly came without skin. I used 2 gallon bags and each of the 4 bags contain just over 2,000 gram of belly. 1 bag is pieces cut for soup or beans and dicing up to put in stuff.
    Thanks for the help.

IMG_20180120_164849.jpg
    Probably going to try cold smoking.