• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mike smith

Original poster
Jul 16, 2018
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Greetings everyone! Old vet here, working full time, school full time, and family all the time! My wife bought me an electric smoker for my birthday, and I'm anxious to get started. Any help would be greatly appreciated! (how much wood, timing, what wood goes best with what...ah hell, I have no clue what I'm doing.)

Welcome to the site, and thank you for your service. If you post what type of electric smoker you have. It will make it easier for the electric folks to help you out. Believe me there are a whole bunch of them on site.

Chris

Thanks! I have a 30 in Masterbuit digital electric smoker. Also, do I use chuncks or chips?

I'm not one of the electric folks, but from what I've read on the forum is chips not chunks. However you'll be adding them about every 45 mins. or so. Most MES users have added an amps pellet trey for smoke. They get about 12hrs of worry free smoking. If you use the search function you'll find numerous posts on your smoker the a-maze-n smoker.

Here's a link to the site.

http://www.amazenproducts.com/

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky