1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Good Morning From Colorado!

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by mike smith, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Greetings everyone! Old vet here, working full time, school full time, and family all the time! My wife bought me an electric smoker for my birthday, and I'm anxious to get started. Any help would be greatly appreciated! (how much wood, timing, what wood goes best with what...ah hell, I have no clue what I'm doing.)

2. SmokinAl

SmokinAl SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

3. Thanks! I just signed up for it.

4. gmc2003

gmc2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Welcome to the site, and thank you for your service. If you post what type of electric smoker you have. It will make it easier for the electric folks to help you out. Believe me there are a whole bunch of them on site.

Chris

5. Thanks! I have a 30 in Masterbuit digital electric smoker. Also, do I use chuncks or chips?

6. gmc2003

gmc2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

I'm not one of the electric folks, but from what I've read on the forum is chips not chunks. However you'll be adding them about every 45 mins. or so. Most MES users have added an amps pellet trey for smoke. They get about 12hrs of worry free smoking. If you use the search function you'll find numerous posts on your smoker the a-maze-n smoker.

Here's a link to the site.

http://www.amazenproducts.com/

Chris

7. kruizer

kruizer Master of the Pit

Welcome to SMF from Minnesota.

8. weedeater

weedeater Smoking Fanatic ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Welcome from NW Georgia.
    You have come to a happy place.

Weedeater

9. Welcome to SMF from Indiana!