going to make a little sausage!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Man that's a bunch of Sausage. You must be related to Nepas guess we have 2 sausage kings
77.gif

OK I got kind of busy today, and didnt have time to get as far as I wanted and Have to quit early for another dinner engagement

but I got the breakfast all mixed up, I didnt link any yet, that will be tomorrow along with the summer sausage

but I did get all the polish sausage mixed and stuffed, it is resting in the cooler and will go in the smoker early tomorrow

ingredients. notice the tub behind. that is half of what I am making.  I mix it in 2 tubs by hand.total 50#

notice the pic below how it turns color with the cure.  it will turn back nice and red when you cook it!

2f3deb92_polish001.jpg

d614e4c6_polish002.jpg

those are full size 18 x22 sheet pans. 2 of them full of links

219a2376_polish003.jpg

b08b471c_polish004.jpg

more to come tomorrow when I start smoking and make the summer sausage

stay tuned

I got the first batch of polish in the smoker and the breakfast sausage done

d7638e5c_breakfast001.jpg

since collagen casings dont twist very well I just snip them into links with scissors then freeze them on a pan then package them

when I cook them I just put them in the pan frozen on low and let them cook

f8107398_breakfast002.jpg

first batch of polish in the smoker

972f7786_polish.jpg

going chop some japs and get the summer sausage going in a bit.

Nice work. You beat me out. I did 80 #'s of butts last month!  I'd love to hear some more on your summer sausage if  would PM me that'd be awesome. Venny SS is pretty much my favorite thing in the world.

bout another hour and the first batch of smoked kielbasa  will be done

I got the venison jalapeno summer sausage all stuffed and resting in the cooler

I will smoke it tomorrow and also smoke the rest of the polish sausage. the smoker will be going all day for sure

and while it is smoking I will be working on the smoke house

so here is the summer sausage

all mixed and ready to stuff. I use 1 cup of High temp shredded cheddar for every 5 # of meat. then usually add a touch to make it look just right

03f916a9_salami001.jpg

I got 7 rolls about 4 and a quarter pounds each and  one 2 pound chub.

these will get smoked with Hickory in my GOSM@140*  for a good six hours then finished in my Alto Shaam  oven @ 180 until they are 152*

2d26244a_salami002.jpg

stay tuned

first round of smoked Kielbasa out of the smoker! I cant wait to get my smokehouse done! the whole batch and the summer sausage could have smoked at the same time!

turned out perfect!  8 hours over hickory @ 145* first nine hours total. first hour was no smoke @ 90*

829341e9_polish005.jpg

my Kielbasa is not ready to eat when it comes out of the smoker. it needs to be steamed or  simmered to fully cook before eating

OK I give..... Uncle, Uncle, Uncle.......................................
icon14.gif
awesome looking sausage............

Joe

Lar, Great thread.... If I ever get my act together.... like you... and find recipes that are perfect for our tastes.... I will be making sausages, in batches, like you and your pals do...  Envy, Envy, Envy.....  Another sausage master on the forum.... We are so lucky.... Dave

I just put the summer sausage in the smoker

this is the last of all of it.I  will post some finsihed shots and a couple sliced shots

of the smoked and the summer sausage when I am done

thanks for watching

Lar, Great thread.... If I ever get my act together.... like you... and find recipes that are perfect for our tastes.... I will be making sausages, in batches, like you and your pals do...  Envy, Envy, Envy.....  Another sausage master on the forum.... We are so lucky.... Dave
its all about making it taste to your liking, or the liking of others you share with

whe I started out I used rytek's recipes to the letter. I soon found out that therre just wasnt enough taste  for us so I started

tweeking a little here and a little there until I had what I wanted.

you should see my rytek book. there are notes and added ingerdients scribbled along side just about every recipe I use.

my last batch of breakfast sausage I used a recipe from Len Ploi sight and I like it  liitle better than my tweeked one from Rytek's book

It is pretty much a never ending experiment where ya get to eat the results :)

I still have to get a couple shots of the summer sausage sliced open I will try and get that done tonight but I had to go back to work today

Ok, Here is the last post of my project.

a shot of the Polish Kielbasa and a couple shots of the summer sausage

thanks to all who joined me on this  sausagOrama thanks for all your kind words

man did this taste excellent!

0b480a93_polish006.jpg

this small one was the last out of the stuffer and part of it was stuffed by hand that's why it looks a little uneven

these were clear casings and really took on a nice color from 8 hours  in the smoker

77af85a4_polish007.jpg

was a little disappointed I only got a shot of one piece of jalapeno there were plenty in there but some were rather

finely  chopped taste and texture was fantastic!

490e706f_polish009.jpg

well there ya have it!

thanks for watching

St. Patrick's day is coming. stay tuned for the Corn Beef-athon!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky