Going out into the cold for my Giants!

Discussion in 'Pork' started by 13spicerub, Jan 29, 2008.

1. 13spicerub

13spicerub Meat Mopper

NYC
    It's been bitter cold here in the NY area the past few weeks, so BBQing has been out of the question. But thats all gonna change when my Giants put on another show this Sunday. I'm gonna brave the cold (with the help of a few beers) and fire up my smoker for some deliciousness to enjoy during the game. My specialty is ribs but I don't think im gonna be able to keep the perfect temp with the cold. I'm gonna make a pork shoulder with a vinegar-based finishing sauce. It should distract the Giant-haters from my victory touchdown dances.

i hope to get pics up on monday.

2. fred420

fred420 Meat Mopper

i am in buffalo and grilling or smoking is done in the garage --i heat the garage with a wood stove to cook in bitter temps..lol...windchill blows.....lots a luck with the giants...the bills are crap!!!!!!!!![​IMG]

3. kookie

kookie Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Never to cold to smoke.. Just got to get inivative With your smoker. Best of luck.....

Remember the q-view.

Kookie

4. 13spicerub

13spicerub Meat Mopper

NYC
    wish i had a garage. i really don't get to bbq in the winter. I should invest in a stove-top smoker...or a bottle of bourbon

5. walking dude

walking dude Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

spice..............i have smoked, starting out anyway...........-7

its NEVER to cold to smoke..........its WIND that steals the heat..........so either build a simple wind break outta a couple sheets of 1/4 inch plywood....or thicker..........what ever is handy.........to blow whatever wind you may have...........you will do fine..............

check it out..........

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...t=13164&page=4