Go to dessert?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Cookies are probably my favorite thing but this lemon pie is pretty awesome:

Luby's Cafeteria Lemon Icebox Pie

1 14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
4 Extra-large eggs, separated
½ cup fresh lemon juice (3 to 4 lemons)
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
¼ cup granulated sugar
1 9-inch graham cracker crust, The short one if available.

1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2) In a medium bowl, combine milk, egg yolks, lemon juice and lemon peel.
3) Mix until well blended; pour into prepared crust
4) Bake for 15 minutes. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.

lubys_lemon_icebox_pie_20190324014211189074cv9x39.jpg

Last edited:
Here you go guys, I have posted this before , but took me a bit to find it

thank you everyone for the likes on the Hawaiian Splendor Sponge Cake, we really like it . But get mad at ourselves for eating it so quick. especially when it is made when just the 2 of us around. MMMmmmmm good

Here you go clifish clifish , and zwiller zwiller ,

Hawaiian Splendor Cake 1.jpg

Any problems or questions , please just ask. David

Also here is a sampling of Smoked Toffee Apple cake that I posted here o how I made

9.JPG

David

Fantastic examples of deliciousness!! Everyone of them looks/sounds more than worthy of being baked. I want to try them all. But I just never did aquire a taste for Pecan Pie--no idea why.
My favorite would have to be a "goodly slice/slab" of warm Sweet Potato Pie with LOTS of cinnamon flavored fresh whipped cream.
Gary

I LOVE me some cheesecake!

I just made one last week (my very 1st one). I found the recipe by accident..just popped up while looking at the "marketplace".
"Turtle cheesecake" Looked so good, I had to try it. Have to admit, I was a little intimidated, as I heard that they can be difficult.

Came out Great, and wasnt difficult at all. It is probably gonna be my "goto" from now on.

Without further ado...

Turtle Cheesecake.jpg

Hardest part was getting the toppings to "flow right", was either too thin, or ploppy.. All good though. :)

T.

Hard to pick one.
German Chocolate Cake, Bread Pudding, Blueberry Cream Cheese pie, and Blueberry Scones would be the top 4. Chocolate Chip cookies rank up there too.
Ah, who am I kidding, any cookie. Haha
Here is the pie and scones.

Attachments

• Blueberry Creamcheese Pie 001.JPG
    Blueberry Creamcheese Pie 001.JPG
    113.6 KB · Views: 9
  • Blueberry Scones 2023-02-11_2.jpg
    Blueberry Scones 2023-02-11_2.jpg
    279.1 KB · Views: 11
Made some smoked bacon wrapped cream cheese with green onion stuffed goose breast and chased it with both vanilla cream cheese icing filled and topped as well as regular glazed brioche doughnuts last night.

Attachments

• IMG_5535.jpeg
    IMG_5535.jpeg
    207.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5536.jpeg
    IMG_5536.jpeg
    173.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5537.jpeg
    IMG_5537.jpeg
    156.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5538.jpeg
    IMG_5538.jpeg
    160.9 KB · Views: 6
Ryan that is just beautiful,
and I cant believe you could not eat while hot , have you never heard of ice cream to cool it down, lol

Looks wonderful for any time of day

David
Oh I ate some... with a fork! We didn't have any ice cream... I know... a sin lol! But made for a tasty breakfast! Used to eat these growing up as a kid... not sure what made me think of them but knew I had to make them at once!

Ryan

Reactions: DRKsmoking
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky