Go to dessert?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Smart man. When I saw the proliferation of all those fruit based liquors I immediately thought of making stuff like that. It's amazing just how good those flavors are.
He also has the Red Velvet from Baileys . He made mini Bundt cakes with that .
The cheese cake recipe uses Baileys Irish cream , but he subbed the Apple pie .
They have great flavors like you say .
pecan pie.

bourbon pecan pie
I was never a fan of Pecan pie , until I made one myself using Foamheart's recipe . It's a favorite now . Good stuff .

I know we all have one but what is your go to dessert?

When making something mine is Cheesecake. Not sure why I enjoy making them.so much but I do.

I did this one Saturday for a friend's birthday.

View attachment 664364

Now when someone else is making it I go with a brownie Sunday or TX sheet cake.

That's strawberry 🍓 pie 🥧 that was just posted got me thinking.

So what is yours?
Your cheesecake looks delicious!

Reactions: bmudd14474
OMG... I could do one of everything here... BUT ... They are ALL missing one thing...

I keep a thick glass mug in the freezer (2 actually)... I don't use them for beer anymore... They are only good for one beer anyways and who only drinks one beer?

No... I use my frozen mug for MILK... I LOVE an ice cold (a little slush too) glass of milk (every night) with any of my deserts...

I was never a fan of Pecan pie , until I made one myself using Foamheart's recipe . It's a favorite now . Good stuff .
I need to see if I can find that recipe. Pecan pie is my weakness! Been known to buy the convenient store little plastic wrapped ones in the honey bun/doughnut isle for a snack. LoL

Reactions: JLeonard
I know we all have one but what is your go to dessert?

When making something mine is Cheesecake. Not sure why I enjoy making them.so much but I do.

I did this one Saturday for a friend's birthday.

View attachment 664364

Now when someone else is making it I go with a brownie Sunday or TX sheet cake.

That's strawberry 🍓 pie 🥧 that was just posted got me thinking.

So what is yours?
Go to? Pineapple cake. Two layers of yellow sponge, box mix soaked with the juice of a large can of crushed pineapple. Mix the strained crushed pineapple with a large container of Cool Whip for the frosting. Quick, cheap, good.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Pecan Pie I smoked , Recipe I got from TNJAKE TNJAKE

Was fantastic , smoked and it set great, First I ever made and first time for Mona to have Pecan Pie. We both loved it

DSC_2328.JPG
DSC_2334.JPG

David

No... I use my frozen mug for MILK... I LOVE an ice cold (a little slush too) glass of milk (every night) with any of my deserts...
Now that is something that I have never thought of. I also love my milk icy cold too. Since I quit drinking the beer mugs have gone to the back of the cabinet. May have to drag them back out for this.

Jim

If I'm in the mood for something lightly sweet, banana bread. That comes with half the sugar and 4X the butter lol. And the next day when I grill it it in even more butter......
Oh man, haven't had banana bread in a LONG time. That needs to end.

Buddy of mine says some Fireball in your pumpkin pie is off the hook.

Milk fan here too. 2G in fridge at all times. This is no joke and learned it from a buddy of mine who's wife got Lyme. She has to eat all natural organic. Organic milk is like 2-3 levels better than your typical stuff.

Like I said not really doing deserts but if I was I'd make this. Like 30 years ago a family friend used to visit and bring it. OMG. Quickly became a thing and she brought one every visit. She passed away before I could get the recipe. I asked her family/hunted a LONG time for the recipe. No luck. BSing one time about desserts a year or 2 ago I described it to a co-worker and she said it sounded kinda like a "Magic Bar". She proceeds to say the recipe is and has been on back of Eagle condensed milk forever. I take a look at the can at home and SOB THERE IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/63959/magic-cookie-bars-from-eagle-brand/

Now that is something that I have never thought of. I also love my milk icy cold too. Since I quit drinking the beer mugs have gone to the back of the cabinet. May have to drag them back out for this.

Jim

Get the thickest mug you have and put it in the freezer and give it a try tonight with your favorite cookies... you'll be hooked on the first mug full....

Get the thickest mug you have and put it in the freezer and give it a try tonight with your favorite cookies... you'll be hooked on the first mug full....
If you don't have one I have found some dang good thick glass mugs at the dollar store

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky