Go to dessert?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Is this a mix or some , you or wife make from scratch

David
We make it from scratch...

20230514_202807.jpg

It's really simple. The bag of Brachs caramels had 45 caramels in it. Not sure if you can get them where you're at. Any questions just ask

Ryan

Brokenhandle Brokenhandle , The bag of Brachs caramels had 45 caramels in it.

Thank you for this , will try this very soon . Not sure of the brand of caramels we have but I imagine they are all the same size. so 40 it is

( what happened to the other 5 lol )
Samples as I peeled the other 40 lol! But since I didn't know how many there were... I bought 2 bags!

Ryan

• Haha
Reactions: DRKsmoking
ha ha , so you had 48 to snack on .

Well done
But I really must try the Brownie's and Mona loves caramel. so win win for me

David
I might have to make another batch! Shared some with my dad and brother... my sister would be tickled to have some as well.

Ryan

Reactions: DRKsmoking
We make it from scratch...

View attachment 665480

It's really simple. The bag of Brachs caramels had 45 caramels in it. Not sure if you can get them where you're at. Any questions just ask

Ryan

Wife just picked up the ingrediants today... I was also thinking of using peanut butter chips instead of cocolate chips... But will follow exactly this first time ...

Wife just picked up the ingrediants today... I was also thinking of using peanut butter chips instead of cocolate chips... But will follow exactly this first time ...
Let us know how you like them! And yes, one of those things that could be tweaked in many ways I'm sure!

Ryan

Let us know how you like them! And yes, one of those things that could be tweaked in many ways I'm sure!

Ryan

OK... So I followed directions to a T... Everything went along smooth until it came time to spread the remaining 1/3 of the cake mix on top... It seems the melted butter stiffened back up to a point where theh mix would not spread... HMMMM.... Threw it in the microwave for 30 seconds and it loosened back up and spread it out on top...

I went the full 20 minuets @ 250... Not sure what happened but it never really developed into a cake (brownies)... I mean it surely cant be picked up and ate with your fingers... Which I had envisioned... Is it suppose to be loose/wet/not runny but.... Maybe it will thicken up the more it sets...

BUT YESSSSS.... It is GOOD

PS. You are suppose to disregard cake box directions correct ?

OK... So I followed directions to a T... Everything went along smooth until it came time to spread the remaining 1/3 of the cake mix on top... It seems the melted butter stiffened back up to a point where theh mix would not spread... HMMMM.... Threw it in the microwave for 30 seconds and it loosened back up and spread it out on top...

I went the full 20 minuets @ 250... Not sure what happened but it never really developed into a cake (brownies)... I mean it surely cant be picked up and ate with your fingers... Which I had envisioned... Is it suppose to be loose/wet/not runny but.... Maybe it will thicken up the more it sets...

BUT YESSSSS.... It is GOOD

PS. You are suppose to disregard cake box directions correct ?
Yes... disregard directions for making the cake from the box. The first night I made them I ate with a fork... in the morning I could eat them as finger food.

Ryan

Yea... They are setting up better the longer they sit... Dunno if they'll make it to tomorrow...

Did I say yet how good they are... OMG
I've been rationing! But also helps being busy and not around the house much! Glad you like them! Finish yours and let me know how the next batch with peanut butter chips turns out.

Ryan

Ignored this thread as I don't like sweet these days (thanks Covid).

My wife bakes treats for the sugar beet harvest crew.
Ryan's caramel brownies reminded me my wife's version are a favorite.
Wife also uses a mix of butterscotch and chocolate chips as the frosting for Special K bars.
Bars? Upper Midwest term for pan cookies.

How's the spring work progressing?
All I can think of is Special K bars ! Those are my absolute favorite!

All the corn and sweet corn are done and sprayed. Currently waiting for it to dry from a 2 inch rain delay so we can start on beans. But after 2 years of drought I'll take the rain.
How is your spring going?

Ryan

All I can think of is Special K bars ! Those are my absolute favorite!
How is your spring going?

Ryan
One of my kid's favorites is Rice Krispie treats (bars) I make with 50/50 rice krispie and cocoa krispie and extra marshmallow. Don't forget a good splash of vanilla.
Does that get your wheels turning?
Special K is my wife's thing, but I haven't gotten her to try the cereal mix.

Finished the remaining sugar beets today. Had 2 fields that we left 12 rows in ditches.
Soybeans were done on Sunday.
Finished the last wheat today. But we have 30 acres in a wet corner. We need rain even with the wet sides.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky